London SE1 community website

SE1 post - lack of deliveries have been waiting on a lot of things recently..

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 2 of 6
Wednesday 9 December 2015 5.30pm
A big delivery today! Magazines and Christmas cards mainly.
Wednesday 9 December 2015 8.09pm
Hi,

I posted here http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/198225

a few weeks ago about this, I have started to receive post again but know it isn't all getting through as I posted a letter to myself and a friends card has not arrived.
I emailed Ben Ferguson at Royal Mail but didn't get a reply.
Will try the mobile number given on here.
This is not good...
Wednesday 9 December 2015 9.16pm
As Truth Monkey says an occasional luxury....
Just got compensation for Jumper stolen/lost at Mandela Way- on Nov 6th( went missing after a RE delivery booked) They delivered my compensation to the wrong address ( though addressed correctly) luckily the kind neighbour who got it brought it to me.....you could not make it up.
Yes first class taking 10 days - we had no post Thurs to Sat last week.
Wednesday 9 December 2015 9.19pm
Mavis80 and all try [email protected] say you had no reply from Ben Ferguson - this everyone is the CEO Office address- use it!
Wednesday 9 December 2015 9.38pm
Thanks Kory, I'm going to get on to them.
I also signed up to Equifax and Experian because of the worry of identity fraud.
Such a massive breach of trust.
Thursday 10 December 2015 8.36am
If you're lucky enough to work near a mainline train station there's a service call Doddle (https://www.doddle.com) that lets your have your parcels delivered to them for 7 per month for unlimited deliveries or 1.95 per item. Saved me a huge amount of hassle.

Sadly they don't offer a PO Box type service for letters but for parcels its perfect.
Thursday 10 December 2015 9.46pm
After the pleasure of Wednesday's post, no delivery today.

Hoping for better tomorrow.
Thursday 10 December 2015 10.25pm
I've made enquiries with the Royal Mail press office, but no response yet... perhaps it's coming by post...?

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 10 December 2015 11.21pm
It'll be a week tomorrow with no post at all. I'm awaiting cheques which are for my livelihood. I'm very distressed now. What's the point of paying postage and getting nothing? It's the same every year and there is no excuse for it - not so many people send cards and stuff now they have digital means so it should be a breeze delivering post. I'm on my soapbox tonight, folks!
Stressed of Southwark :-(
Friday 11 December 2015 10.06am
Yep, and us, just off Trinity Street - we're waiting on our parking permit from the council which should definitely be here by now... :( Deliveries to my work down at Tooley Street all seem to be coming in fine though?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 2 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions