London SE1 community website

SE1 post - lack of deliveries have been waiting on a lot of things recently..

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 3 of 6
Friday 11 December 2015 12.23pm
Royal Mail response: http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/8570

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 11 December 2015 3.30pm
Hooray my post has been delivered by my regular postie! He's been on holiday and nobody has done the delivery while he's been away. He had armfuls of post but he's still smiling.
Just read the headlines about the reason for this shoddy service. How come the roadworks haven't affected Amazon, Hermes and the Tesco home delivery service?
Friday 11 December 2015 4.20pm
Lol, royal slow snail's response is so silly. They should for once just tell the truth and employ more permanent and trained staff. Can we please start a class action to take them to trading standards for claiming to run a postal service.
Where's my post?! Where are all the missing letters?
Friday 11 December 2015 10.13pm
Today Friday we had a delivery, but none of the 3 weekly papers arrived. So now it seems to be a selective -letters and cards but not regular, paid for mailings.
jpm
Saturday 12 December 2015 8.13pm
As someone who works in PR I'm loving the Royal Mail response.
Are we getting the service we expect- well,sadly, pretty much yes
Are we getting the service we deserve - absolutely no.

From the size of the 'Hate to post it but the Post' thread it is clear that there have been ongoing abs systemic problems with the SE1 post for many years. The resilience is so poor that the moment there is any extra challenge - like roadworks - then it all falls over completely.

The only conclusion is that the Royal Mail management regard the SE1 service as acceptably poor - otherwise they would have tackled the systemic long-term problems that they are clearly aware of at a pretty high level.
Sunday 13 December 2015 11.11am
Now I understand why a prescription request posted about ten days ago to doctors at The Borough has not been dealt with. Lucky I have enough medication and for a change did not leave it till last minute.
Sunday 13 December 2015 11.51am
Having chatted to one of the usual delivery guys he said it was because they'd just made a large bunch of the staff redundant. I guess that's what happens when you privatise a public service right?

Although must say enjoyed the PR 'erm there was some roadworks so that's the reason why' response :)
Sunday 13 December 2015 1.07pm
You summed it up jpm - bad service and fraud is there bench mark here in SE1
Sunday 13 December 2015 4.09pm
I work at Mandela Way office and the main problem is we are understaffed. There's so much work at the moment and not enough people to deal with it. The managers are completely useless and the worst I've seen. They decided to do a resign right before Christmas (they should be done in the summer when the work is low) which is reduce the amount of jobs in the office and make duties longer which some of them can't be done in the time given so work is being taken back to the office on a daily basis. The roadworks are a massive hinderence especially those out by elephant and castle or near as it can take some people up to an hour to get down to their delivery which doesn't help
Monday 14 December 2015 9.35am
Reading Royal Mail's explanation one realises that they blame factors outside their control : staff sickness, more parcels than letters, roadworks etc. rather than the obvious mismanagement.
They try to disguise the fact that the root cause is redundancies and too many of them by cleverly inserting compulsory before redundancies making it seem as if there have been no redundancies by omitting voluntary. The honest phrase is "There have been redundancies at Mandela Way office" and as a consequence the public are receiving a service which is unacceptable.
I can imagine a statement such as " We, The Royal Mail, will try to employ casual staff on a temporary basis to resolve the matter who will not know what they are doing and will get lost on their walks. If the public find abandoned sacks of mail, as has happened in the past please phone Mandela Way and we will try to pick it up within a week".
Merry Christmas to all our valued customers.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 3 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions