London SE1 community website

SE1 post - lack of deliveries have been waiting on a lot of things recently..

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 4 of 6
Monday 14 December 2015 10.04am
Our deliveries in SE16 seem a lot better than SE1 but we continue to receive mail that has been torn on the corners clearly with the intention of checking the contents. This seems to be endemic at Mandela Way. We've lived in SE1 & SE16 for 25 years & it has been a regular occurrence all these years.
Monday 14 December 2015 3.11pm
Spot on but no casual staff this year
Tuesday 15 December 2015 12.37pm
It is good to know that there are some good people at Mandela Way. I was there this morning and Jackie [who used to be the Postie, where I live] and her colleague, Johnny, were telling me how much verbal abuse they encounter.

Whilst I share the frustration of disgruntled customers and the disorganisation of Mandela Way and the Royal Mail in general, abusing the front-line staff is uncalled for, to put it mildly.
Tuesday 15 December 2015 2.00pm
I totally agree there is no excuse to be rude to the frontline staff. I have just been to Mandela way to pick up a parcel I could not risk going missing! The guy who served me was very nice- but there was a almighty row going on in the room behind the desk- lots of verbals!
Tuesday 15 December 2015 3.21pm
A card through the door today.

I was at home and the bell is working, so I assume Mandela Way are back to their usual tricks of not even attempting to deliver parcels.
Zoe
Tuesday 15 December 2015 8.58pm
I think I got the mail for at least a week today. I did wonder why no one had sent me any Christmas cards!
Tuesday 15 December 2015 10.37pm
I'm just off Great Suffolk Street, and I've been waiting for days and days for certain items. The other week, I had no mail all week until the Friday, when 20 letters came through the door! I never get 20 letters in one day.

Fortunately, most of my bills are done online, so I haven't been late paying anything.

I had good reliable postmen, but one of them had to be transferred to another round, due to health issues.

I now have new postmen and they come at all different times. I used to be able to set my clock by the postman.

In defence of the staff who work at the sorting office, whenever I've had to go down there to collect parcels etc, the front counter staff are always polite and professional, but I understand they're stretched at this time of year.

I blame the Management (or lack of it), rather than the ladies and gents doing their best. It would be nice to have a regular postman again though.......

I have raised the issue with Neil Coyle MP, and he will be speaking to Royal Mail, though I'm not sure if things will improve in the short term........
Wednesday 16 December 2015 11.10am
The prescription request I sent on friday the 4th has not been received by gp.Phoned them this morning to check. :-(
Thursday 17 December 2015 6.56pm
Ordered book from Amazon 30th November ....royal mail loses it... Amazon sends another book via express delivery on them to be delivered definitely today... Husband at home when 'sorry you were out' card delivered at 9.45 today... Old tricks again... Can anyone who has worked with Royal Mail explain this scam please? Whilst they are taking the trouble to come to the door with a card ... Why not bring parcel too... Instead of winding people up with such a lie?!
Thursday 17 December 2015 8.39pm
No post again for 3 days. I got a reply to my email from Steve Buckley, the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the
Executive Resolution Team. telling me they've checked the sorting office and there is nothing there for me.
So I send him another email telling him I'm SIX items missing so where are they?
I get an auto reply tonight - he's on holiday until 29th December!!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 4 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions