London SE1 community website

SE1 post - lack of deliveries have been waiting on a lot of things recently..

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 5 of 6
Thursday 17 December 2015 9.55pm
No wonder Hermes, Yodel, The Hut are doing so well, they deliver no problems...apart from that bring back Posties who know what their doing. It was far more efficient it seems when sorting was done by hand...and no Post Codes!
Friday 18 December 2015 11.51am
Debra G email ceo office [email protected]
Friday 18 December 2015 10.44pm
Thanks Kory - I did email Moya Green who passed the buck to Stephen Buckley. He told me he was very sorry and he'd checked the sorting office and there was no post for me. I emailed him back to say I had six outstanding items and I got an auto reply saying he was now out of the office until 29th December!
My postie appeared today and he's really stressed. Every time he takes time off nobody does his round and consequently he had four days worth of post for me. Then another postman appeared at 7.30 tonight with some of my parcels! So much for Mr Buckley assuring me he'd checked the sorting office. I'm still waiting for one parcel. I despair...
Friday 18 December 2015 11.44pm
kate love wrote:
Husband at home when 'sorry you were out' card delivered at 9.45 today... Old tricks again... Can anyone who has worked with Royal Mail explain this scam please? Whilst they are taking the trouble to come to the door with a card ... Why not bring parcel too... Instead of winding people up with such a lie?!

I've never worked for Royal Mail but I've been a victim of this many times. Caught the falling card once. The posty **** his pants when I opened the door. I asked where the parcel was and he squirmed. Too much to carry apparently. They just take money for a service they have no intention of delivering. Still, very far from the worst experience I've had with the morons.
Saturday 19 December 2015 12.10am
Hi Debra - yes they are proven liars keep emailing the ceo office with your evidence... if they don't respond it is proof they have no intention of investigating. I too am awaiting parcels...and as Beetroot says morons- it is organised scam Not say that about RM elsewhere but out of Mandela Way.
Saturday 19 December 2015 10.53am
I got an email from Amazon the other day telling me my order was out for delivery that day. I am currently working from home, so online all the time, when a few hours later a new email pops in saying that they tried to deliver but couldn't access the property... Contacted Amazon on their online chat thingymebub, they apologised and said they would re-organise deliver for the next day. I said that I got the email 5 mins earlier so the courier's probably still be in the area, couldn't they contact him and get him to deliver anyway? They again responded they would rearrange delivery the next day, I told them OK but they should guarantee a repeat of that day's issue, they said OK, half an hour later the doorbell rings, it's my delivery...

You can say about the tax-dodging miscreants what you like, but their customer service should be standard.
Saturday 19 December 2015 10.21pm
Postie was the other day just delivering cards which had been filled in at the sorting office the day before to our block recently. Which meant despite the usual stuff about 24 hours before
Monday 21 December 2015 9.53am
Erm... let's finish that '... despite the usual stuff of waiting 24 hours before heading to the sorting office, the package in question was already sitting there.'

Happy holidays all.
Monday 21 December 2015 1.43pm
I'm still waiting on several deliveries, mainly Christmas presents.

I haven't had any post for a whole week!

I've emailed Royal Mail......no response.

On Saturday, I went to take some rubbish out. A guy from Parcelforce came to the door of the block, chatting on his mobile phone. He made no attempt to call any flat, stood there for a few minutes, then walked away with the parcel still in his hand.

I despair, I really do.

I emailed Parcelforce to complain and I'm awaiting a reply from them as well
Monday 21 December 2015 2.30pm
If only they were as quick as some of the idiots who fly around in their red vans at dangerous speeds.

Card in the post on Saturday because the package was too big for the box. Despite me being in, how much more effort is it to write out the card instead of actually ringing the bell of my flat?

So of course the queues at Mandela Way this morning were ridiculous. Dozens of people waiting where, in many instances, they should have been delivered first time around.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 5 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions