London SE1 community website

Shops in St Thomas Street arches

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Saturday 27 August 2016 4.46pm
One of the arches (46 St Thomas Street - formerly a furniture warehouse) is to be a branch of Yo! Sushi .

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 27 October 2016 1.14pm
Was hoping for something more interesting! The retail in this area is very bad which is surprising with the diversity of people from workers to people that live and tourist.
Thursday 27 October 2016 6.22pm
From that map there is a lot of undefined space in/behind the arches/vaults. I know some is for operational space for the station but I'm still hoping there is significant space still to be allocated (Waitrose and a Muji for me please). Does anyone know what the final station layout will be and does that include the East side of Bermondsey Street tunnel where the nightclub was?
Friday 28 October 2016 12.15pm
Also really disappointed with the choices so far. Yo! Sushi ? Really?
Friday 28 October 2016 1.34pm
I really don't understand why no retail shops as In Reiss or Zara or anything have opened in the area?
Friday 28 October 2016 5.51pm
goldry wrote:
Also really disappointed with the choices so far. Yo! Sushi ? Really?

The bias towards food related outlets makes complete sense in an environment where, apart from local office workers lunching, much of the foot traffic will be travelers who are 'time poor, cash rich' looking for a grab and go snack. Because of this 'captive' market you may find the prices are a little bit higher than in the high street.
Friday 27 January 2017 4.59pm
Have there been any updates on what is coming to the arches and the station?
Saturday 28 January 2017 9.15am
Yes any news would be greatly appreciated still no sign of yo sushi and the Oliver bonas store you can't even access if your not traveling on the tube or train which is ridiculous!!
Sunday 29 January 2017 9.51am
Don't be expecting retail nirvana. It won't happen. I suspect Yo! sushi is about as good as it will get.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions