London SE1 community website

Dog muck!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Friday 22 January 2016 10.34pm
Does any remember the gadget France was trying out to remove poo? It froze any soft ones and hard ones them sucked them up in a container. Bit gross I know but stepping in it is even grosser. Wonder what happened to that idea?
Saturday 23 January 2016 10.43am
What's happening is disgusting and so anti social. There are two more deposits outside the Peabody flats today on Marshalsea Rd. Definitely a pattern here. Deposits on the same stretch for last three weeks.
Saturday 23 January 2016 10.28pm
Barking and Dagenham Council has just launched a program aimed at identifying the dogs (and more importantly, their owners) who foul public spaces via DNA testing: perhaps our SE1 local authorities (Southwark and Lambeth) could learn something from them...
Monday 25 January 2016 8.33am
Is there an increase because there are no free supermarket bags any more?
Monday 25 January 2016 12.51pm
sqw103 wrote:

No, we just have very lazy and anti-social neighbours.
Tuesday 26 January 2016 6.33pm
sqw103 wrote:

Oh my goodness, you might be right! There has been loads more poo everywhere since the bag charge came in!
Wednesday 27 January 2016 12.08pm
My daughter used Nappy sacks."opened two at a time one inside other.
Wednesday 27 January 2016 1.21pm
My solutions: people are lazy, anti-social fines are never enforced, and yes I think it is because they now charge for plastic bags.
Wednesday 27 January 2016 3.45pm
There's still plenty of plastic bags - I keep all my sliced bread bags for rubbish and then there's the polythene bags used for parcels and those thin ones that cover magazines and catalogues. Bags covering cotton wool, bags containing bagels, bags under the eyes...
Zoe
Wednesday 27 January 2016 7.50pm
Southwark still provide free dog bags, it's laziness not lack of bags. It only takes one person and we all suffer.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions