London SE1 community website

Travellers in Southwark

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4
Saturday 6 February 2016 11.48am
Don't do it DebraJoan.
Continue posting in what you believe in, this forum is only interesting when there is a divergence of opinion. If we all sang from the one hymn sheet we would be as boring and impossible as do gooders can possibly be.
Do not be bullied into silence
Saturday 6 February 2016 12.43pm
Debrajoan wrote:
Should any other possibly contentious matters arise in SE1, traffic, cycling, shops/restaurants opening or closing, pubs closing and being turned into luxury apartments, I will lock my typing hands in a drawer and sit on my natural desire to shout my objections, until I turn puce, and flames begin to emerge from my ears.

Yeah, right, that'll be the day, (with apologies to Buddy Holly and the Crickets), thebunhouse has got your number, you'll be back, (apologies to Arnie), maybe slightly less abrasive at first, but you'll be unable to resist jumping in, and shooting from the lip again.
Saturday 6 February 2016 1.37pm
Thebunhouse, you are always the voice of reason and I have great respect for your views and ability to identify issues. I don't think I'm part of the PC brigade. I think I've expressed why I didn't like the earlier comments and i'll leave it there.

DebraJoan, please don't desist or hold back from contributing to the forum. The whole point of it is to debate sometimes contentious matters. I am truly sorry if I have put you off. We have had an interesting debate on this topic, albeit our views at the opposite end of the spectrum, and it's what makes the forum interesting. Please do carry on contributing. It's the different views that make it what it is. I've offended people on here before and have said what others believe to be the wrong thing - sometimes they've been right - but it's the whole point of it.
Saturday 6 February 2016 2.53pm
Gavin Smith wrote:
Thebunhouse, you are always the voice of reason and I have great respect for your views and ability to identify issues. I don't think I'm part of the PC brigade. I think I've expressed why I didn't like the earlier comments and i'll leave it there.
DebraJoan, please don't desist or hold back from contributing to the forum. The whole point of it is to debate sometimes contentious matters. I am truly sorry if I have put you off. We have had an interesting debate on this topic, albeit our views at the opposite end of the spectrum, and it's what makes the forum interesting. Please do carry on contributing. It's the different views that make it what it is. I've offended people on here before and have said what others believe to be the wrong thing - sometimes they've been right - but it's the whole point of it.

Don't be sorry Gavin, I'm a big girl, well not that big, size 12 actually, and I guess that I asked for it, so I can take it.
I'll be happy to keep contributing, and I swear that I'll try and temper my words in future.
Ignore that whack-job Tom Pepper, I think that he means well, but he's not always as humorous as he likes to think he is.
I think that his .5 of a brain cell is still behind the wheel of his black cab, and he is smarting on behalf of his compadres about the inroads Uber is making!
I appreciate thebunhouse weighing in on my side, don't think bad of him/her for the remarks on the PC brigade.
Happy posting, DJ.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4
Related news & features

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions