London SE1 community website

New kitchens or bathrooms, only if you are on the list

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 5 of 6
Sunday 21 February 2016 8.04pm
Thanks Gavin, for making those points to Chelsea because I feel she does not like what she sees about tenants opinions here and assumes we all have it easy and we should all put up and shut up, simply because we dont all have the money to buy, but no one has forced her on here unless of course her course of action was to come here to upset people in the first place. But then of course if she is looking down on us tenants I suggest she takes it elsewhere.

They said we needed all new rewire, but we didnt, the wiring we had already was fine and not that old and I felt the council was just wasting money doing it all again. It was safer before they started then after. The trunking in the kitchen is awful. To be honest we cant really redecorate now. They could not even be bothered to pull the wiring through the walls. We have trunking in every single room to. There are more elephants here then in the zoo. To be honest with you I really hate it. I asked the council to re do it but they wont.

It may be their property but we are the ones living in them. We are the ones who pay to decorate and upgrade our places ourselves.

I was well nervous when they pulled out our gas oven, they even lost the chain to it. and bolt safety thing. On top of that most of their workers are extremely arrogant and rude and dont give a damn about peoples places. There is no respect any more.

I also found a contract online between council and keepmoat and other companies, they are required to work to a minimum standard it said. Because they could not find anyone who worked at a high standard..

My friends niece lives 4 squares, she had scaffold up over 4 years. council love to waste money in the wrong directions. She told me they supposed to be giving them new bathrooms and kitchens and windows and they have not even started yet. They installed door entrance phones she told me but they dont work, when they complained they said it will take a few months before they can find the right company to get them working. She said they worked before they started on it.
Sunday 21 February 2016 8.26pm
FTR - i,m a HE not a she - noone did ask me on here, same as noone asked you to read my posts, if you had read them correctly, then you would have seen that I apologised for one of them, then said I feel sorry for people who rent and get a raw deal
Sunday 21 February 2016 8.54pm
Well chelsea first you say sorry on one post and then give another slap on the face on another again. I think you upset a few people on here and people really dont need it. They are sick of being treated like dirt just because they are tenants and their word mean Jack S"""". and it seems renting tenants are simply looked down on and they dont seem to count. The councils use the same old crappy company again and again and we are left with the stress and the mess of everything. Remember our internal stuff is what we bought ourselves.

I have family friends some rent like us and others are home owners, we understand each others situations as due to respect. I understand they have to pay out big time if anything goes wrong as a home owner and respect that, and they respect what we go through as tenants. But people are generally p"""" off as tenants having no say what goes on...

I would love to buy my own house its always been one of my dreams, but in our situation we simply cant afford to...

We were very lucky to get this council flat when we did as soon after they had changed the point system and its much harder now. But we just wish the councils would use decent companies to do the works. But they never do. It cost them more long run going round repairing all the damage made previously.
Monday 22 February 2016 8.11am
As far as im aware the only one were I slapped people in the face as you call it was when I tried a joke that back - fired - if everyone is p---ed off with me for that, then I wont bother to post anymore, it may be the borough you are in for the reason you get shoddy work done, then again I believe that Southwark is Labour - so expect they dont get much help from the Tory goverenment
Monday 22 February 2016 9.25am
Southwark Council have been wasting money on unnecessary upgrades/scaffolding/ so called cleaners for years. Yet try and get a repair in your flat done and they then have no money; even worse if you live in a TMO as the Council and TMO pass the buck between them!

As for comments from other users of this forum, I think some of us have to agree to disagree, and move on. Everyone has a right to post, but when it starts getting personal that's a different matter.
Monday 22 February 2016 10.39am
Very true - I do know that Wandsworth Council are very good to the tenants - appears that sadly you had got the short straw being with Southwark, then again, do they get a raw deal from the Tory goverenment, must be heart breaking if you have had you home done only for someone to mess it all up, I know as i live on the top floor of a block of flats and we had water coming into the ceiling in the bathroom, due to someone stealing all the lead from the roof, luckily we noticed in time for only minimal damage - a coat of paint 0 yet we had only just decorated - when we asked about compo, the people who own the freehold said you will need to claim from their insurer direct

I never ever intend to offend anyone
Monday 22 February 2016 10.47am
I have asked contractors quite simply:
'How would you behave if you were working in your mum and dad's house?'
Monday 22 February 2016 11.14am
do they take any notice - I doubt it - has anyone got in touch with the local MP about this ?
Monday 22 February 2016 11.16am
It made a massive difference, with contractors, their management and with Southwark staff.
Monday 22 February 2016 5.43pm
Hi chelsea190512

With Southwark whom we are under, I have found they are quite good on simple home repairs internally but if its a complicated one they cant seem to cope. They tell us they would rather us call them rather then try and fix it ourselves since its their property not ours.

I feel sorry for the lady next block who is lease holder she already been sent a 16K bill for the keepmoat works that have not even begun on our blocks yet, I would not give keepmoat 16 pence let alone 16K...

Our housing officer has been gotten rid of now and we have another new one, they go through housing officers in this borough faster then the common cold....

And of course you are entitle to comment, anyone is. I guess its just having a little understanding of the other persons situations.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 5 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions