London SE1 community website

Friars Bridge Court

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 18 February 2016 9.19am
I missed this news item in January. I remember when this was built; it replaced lots of little Victorian shops and really was a bit of an eyesore. Allowing buildings to be knocked down and rebuild within 25 years really shouldn't be allowed; it is really bad news for the environment. I can't get to the exhibition so look forward to hearing about it.
Thursday 18 February 2016 7.27pm
another pointless and ugly office block with roof garden ,public realm ( 2 trees and a bench )and 3 shop at the bottom with offices at the top. same all,same all .boring
Thursday 18 February 2016 7.57pm
Well I hope there will be shops or a supermarket that stocks ginger biscuits.. Has anyone noticed these biscuits are conspicuous by their absence. perhaps an EU plot against one of our truly British bikkies!

Cotswolds 12
Thursday 18 February 2016 9.37pm
max33 wrote:
public realm ( 2 trees and a bench )
This made me laugh out loud which is not good as I was drinking tea at the time. Someone photographed the 3D model for me but it was more about the tower in relation to other proposed tall buildings, but I am prepared to believe it will be ugly based on other new buildings in this area.
Zoe
Friday 19 February 2016 9.15pm
I'm in agreement about the biscuit problem around here. Who would have known that lots of small supermarkets would cause a biscuit crisis.
Friday 19 February 2016 11.42pm
Zoe wrote:
I'm in agreement about the biscuit problem around here. Who would have known that lots of small supermarkets would cause a biscuit crisis.

I just heard via a Waitrose source that ginger biscuits etc been affected by floods. Desmond especially :))
Saturday 20 February 2016 6.19pm
Quote:
Karen I wrote:
I missed this news item in January. I remember when this was built; it replaced lots of little Victorian shops and really was a bit of an eyesore. Allowing buildings to be knocked down and rebuild within 25 years really shouldn't be allowed; it is really bad news for the environment. I can't get to the exhibition so look forward to hearing about it.
Karen
Do you recall a bric a brace type shop on cornet opposite what is currently blackfriars medical practice? I don't recall what the rest of shops were friars court main entrance part
Saturday 20 February 2016 8.53pm
I don't recall using any of the shops, I seem to remember that they were in the service sector.
Saturday 20 February 2016 8.58pm
There was an Oxfam shop on the Meymott Street side.

And a photocopying / printing shop.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 21 February 2016 10.12am
James Hatts wrote:
There was an Oxfam shop on the Meymott Street side.
And a photocopying / printing shop.
James. Thank you.. Now I remember. Oxfam.. Nice little shop/s
Cotswolds 12
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions