London SE1 community website

Road accidents

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6
Wednesday 9 March 2016 2.21pm
Jan the old one wrote:
Wouldn't it be a good idea johnC if there was a road alphabetical index of the roads each organisation was responsible for? I know several years back confusion reigned when trying to report the metal covers in new Kent road, clanging every time a vehicle went over it, where the asphalt was being eroded by heavy use or possibly not being repaired properly or poor routine maintenance.

It's all very confusing, Jan. For example, although Newington Causeway is not marked on the map as being TfL's responsibility, they ARE apparently responsible for the delay in erecting the new pedestrian crossing lights at the junction of Newington Causeway with Trinity Street/Great Suffolk Street. Does anyone know how these responsibilities are shared out in SE1?
Wednesday 9 March 2016 9.20pm
Jan the old one wrote:
Wouldn't it be a good idea johnC if there was a road alphabetical index of the roads each organisation was responsible for? I know several years back confusion reigned when trying to report the metal covers in new Kent road, clanging every time a vehicle went over it, where the asphalt was being eroded by heavy use or possibly not being repaired properly or poor routine maintenance.

A friend of mine had a clanging manhole cover outside her apartment block, albeit in East Smithfield, Tower Hamlets.
Apparently the correct procedure is to inform TFL, who SHOULD establish who is responsible for that particular manhole, Thames Water, British Gas, EDF, whoever, they then inform that particular utility company, who should then rectify the problem.
My friend however, decided upon a two pronged approach, she established that it was a gas company manhole, so she informed both that company, AND TFL.
Within a week the situation was resolved.
Wednesday 9 March 2016 9.35pm
The ones in new Kent rd.Debra were on both sides on the road....must have been weeks before they were repaired. Was not brave enough or nimble enough to jump up and inspect them! Your friend had the right approach methinks!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions