London SE1 community website

Southwark fire station

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Monday 29 February 2016 2.39pm
AntAnt wrote:
Having 1200 school children on your doorstep is quite significant. I ask you to take a few seconds to think about how you would feel about a secondary school being placed a 5 minute walk from your home.
We have two secondary schools within a 5 minute walk. Never any bother from the children. Quite nice to see the streets occupied.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 29 February 2016 3.41pm
In late 2014 a friend of mine arrived for lunch at a friends house in Islington.
As soon as she came through the door she burst into tears. It turns out that 4 schoolgirls from the local school threw coca cola and chips at her because she had accidently bumped into them on the pavement.
All her coat was wet with coca cola and tomato sauce. She was really shaken up by the experience.

Now I am not suggesting that all school children behave in this way. I am also fully aware that this can happen anywhere but you will have to forgive me for not sharing your sentiments about having my local streets filled with school kids.
Monday 29 February 2016 3.52pm
Not sure how many children attending St.Saviours St.Olaves ( in the front of the houses) or Globe Academy at the back. Apart the noisy natural sound of youngsters let out of school, or the occasional punch up by some of them AntAnt it really is not as bad as you think it will be. Noisier at the end of the day of course. And at end of the day all reverts to normal when the youngsters go home.
Monday 29 February 2016 9.38pm
AntAnt wrote:
In late 2014 a friend of mine arrived for lunch at a friends house in Islington.
As soon as she came through the door she burst into tears. It turns out that 4 schoolgirls from the local school threw coca cola and chips at her because she had accidently bumped into them on the pavement.
All her coat was wet with coca cola and tomato sauce. She was really shaken up by the experience.

Now I am not suggesting that all school children behave in this way. I am also fully aware that this can happen anywhere but you will have to forgive me for not sharing your sentiments about having my local streets filled with school kids.

But was she within five minutes of their school when this happened?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions