London SE1 community website

Former Eurostar terminal

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Thursday 18 August 2016 1.08pm
At present seating has been removed around platforms 19 and 20areas so trust project won't be too long in pipeline. My back etc is killing me!

Cotswolds 12
Tuesday 1 November 2016 8.45am
I was in Cambridge yesterday and saw a street piano in the new shopping centre played by an old soldier for poppy day. Wonderful!

That would be great for Waterloo new centre. Many possibilities

Cotswolds 12
Wednesday 2 November 2016 3.39pm
Shopping scheme approved last night:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/8977

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 2 November 2016 5.41pm
Retail is moving on-line, people's disposable incomes are falling and Network Rail's future dream is a shopping scheme.

You can practically predict what shops we'll get there - gift shops, twee clothing chains, expensive unguent merchants, three shirt shops selling indistinguishable 'slim fit' office shirts, and an 'artisan' 'market' selling sausage rolls for even more than Greensmiths charges.

I'd have liked to see a couple of music/performance venues and a public library, but we, the people, have no choice in the matter unless we're 'customers' rather than 'citizens'.
Wednesday 2 November 2016 5.50pm
Phil, I have lived in this country all my life and have never been a 'citizen' but always a 'subject' much to my chagrin.
Perhaps, one day, as the citizen from Tooting fought for on our TV screens. Freedom.
Wednesday 2 November 2016 6.10pm
garethandrewwilliams wrote:
Hi all,
I am preparing proposals to open an independent new theatre and creative workspace within the lower levels of the former international terminal. The project would provide a 500 seat theatre, pub and creative entrepreneurial workspace.

We are still drawing up the feasibility study but it would be great to have you initial thoughts/comments around our ideas.

We also tendered for the meanwhile use of Waterloo library (we were unsuccessful!) - information can be seen on our website - Comments welcomed!

http://theatreincubator.london/

Thanks

I guess that, sadly, this proposal won't be part of this redevelopment... :(
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions