London SE1 community website

Noise from Elliotts Row Pocket Park

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Thursday 17 March 2016 9.14am
Perronetonian.
You should apologise to Littledorrit1 for your unwarranted abuse and insult.

As the Council's manager of the park, it is understandable that you feel protective towards it but that does not mean you can insult people who disagree with you.

A succinct and sincere apology should suffice.
Thursday 17 March 2016 9.15am
I live near by. I also help maintain this park with Richard. I am confused why people are calling it piss head park. Mostly it's kids and family's use it now. It's a lovely corner that many enjoy.
The park is no longer locked at night due to budget cuts. I really think some people on this forum are exaggerating a small problem regarding drinking in the park.
Thursday 17 March 2016 9.18am
Maybe in your world it's called that. ? It is a lovely space that is mostly used by kids and family's. I don't understand your response really , people have put a lot of effort to keep this space beautiful for the community.
Thursday 17 March 2016 10.24am
I would also add that stuff gets blown from the street and passers-by. I live on the opposite side of St George's road and regularly clean the patch of grass there, it is full of rubbish people just thrown in from the street. Last month, I was horrified to find 3 drugs syringes. As anywhere in London we have to accommodate for some anti-social behaviour. I can't get my head around how it is ok to see drunk and rowdy professional people in the street but somehow not ok for a homeless person to mind their own business and drink in a park. I think it could be a little safe heaven for them too. By the way, last week I got home at 10pm to find a nice professional gent pissing all over our bins, I did not say anything as last time I complained to someone relieving himself in London road, I got a torrent of abuse.
I only have compliments for Richard and Danielstar for making this little park alive again, even if sometimes used by people you'd rather have out of sight. Shall we hold a party there Saturday afternoon (mind you, it may still smell of manure!)?
Thursday 17 March 2016 3.03pm
Perronetonian wrote:
Yes of course people drink alcohol in there too. There are control orders in place that authorities could use to deter this. But to suggest the "piss heads" use it in such a way that deters other users just doesn't stack up with my experience of those of the many people I know who use the space. I just can't believe were your perception comes from, I spend hours in the park every month and get to talk to many users and passers by.
There is always an option to lock it in the evening, but the view of the most engaged local residents who care for that space (three of us from different sides of St George's Road) is that the perception of anti-social behaviour doesn't warrant excluding everyone for several hours of the day or night. Happy to consider changing that, as I'm the manager of the park on behalf of the council. If you care about the space please do sign up at PocketPark.org.uk

You need to calm down. Passive Aggressive behaviour is most unattractive. Your outbursts are rather puerile.

I only say what I see. I live within earshot. Its regularly used at night by degenerates, who use it at night as a drinking hole and latrine.
Thursday 17 March 2016 3.30pm
I admit, it is a lovely little park, and my comment about getting rid of it was flippant.

But I do not take back the "pissheads" and the anti social behaviour comments I made. I live near enough to the park to know that's it's used outside of social able hours by drunks. And this is on regular basis.
Friday 18 March 2016 8.16am
@Littledorrit1 I encourage you to attend this Monday evening's TRA meeting at Siobhan Davies studio 7pm that covers the area of this park and share your views with the residents. When there have been spates of this in the past (i.e. pre 2013) there has been an effective solution which I'm prepared to be part of. But so far your view doesn't tally with those of who I've been conversing with. The TRA should decide.
Friday 18 March 2016 8.19am
Littledorrit1 wrote:
You need to calm down. Passive Aggressive behaviour is most unattractive. Your outbursts are rather puerile.
There's nothing passive about my response, it's agressive. Gardening is a fantastic way of calming down. The Pocket Park is a celebration of puerility - look at the equipment, look at the mural I commissioned, look at the flowers.
Friday 18 March 2016 7.14pm
Just linked one of my ongoing campaigns with some of the complaints here about the pocket park. For five months now at least 3 street lamps have no worked right next to this park, plunging it (and the surrounding complex new junction) into deep darkness. It's not welcoming and unsavoury folk may linger there. I have been raising this issue to Nula Tobin of the contractors, to TfL and to local councillors as a major concern. Temporary lights were eventually installed but they were removed last week and darkness remains. Five months! Hard to believe, but I have a long regular e-mail trail desperately trying to sort this out. Others are welcome to join the bleating.
Friday 18 March 2016 10.40pm
Perronetonian wrote:
Just linked one of my ongoing campaigns with some of the complaints here about the pocket park. For five months now at least 3 street lamps have no worked right next to this park, plunging it (and the surrounding complex new junction) into deep darkness. It's not welcoming and unsavoury folk may linger there. I have been raising this issue to Nula Tobin of the contractors, to TfL and to local councillors as a major concern. Temporary lights were eventually installed but they were removed last week and darkness remains. Five months! Hard to believe, but I have a long regular e-mail trail desperately trying to sort this out. Others are welcome to join the bleating.

Walked past Pocket Park today, around 4pm and it look rather pretty. Flowers starting to blooms and the first signs of Spring. Let's keep it this way.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions