London SE1 community website

Noise from Elliotts Row Pocket Park

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Saturday 19 March 2016 12.20am
Littledorrit1 wrote:
Walked past Pocket Park today, around 4pm and it look rather pretty. Flowers starting to blooms and the first signs of Spring. Let's keep it this way.
Thanks, glad you appreciate the blooms. And I like your use of the word "us". If you spot litter in the beds please ignore my signs to not walk on the gardens and pick it off. Litter is magnetic. And, join those of us who give anyone doing anything bad in there an earful. A bit of public shaming normally brings all but the most frightful of people into line.
Zoe
Saturday 19 March 2016 9.44am
Totally agree, we take the same approach at Hatfields and I have found that if I leave litter, it is swiftly joined by more but if I take the time to pick it up people use the bins as well (people are weird!). Lots of people doing a few bits soon adds up and also means the burden doesn't fall on one or two people.
Friday 24 June 2016 10.29pm
Complaining about anti social behaviour in a park? Funny how when I do that I get met with the rude and unhelpful response that I should move!

Perhaps it's only certain parks you can complain about on this forum, and don't dare mention dogs barking.
Friday 24 June 2016 10.41pm
ShellDockley wrote:
Complaining about anti social behaviour in a park? Funny how when I do that I get told to move!
See comments on post about dogs
The bark of a dog is hardly anti social, unless it's drinking cheap booze and screaming at the top of its lungs at 4am in the morning.
Friday 24 June 2016 10.44pm
It is when it's barking at the top of it's lungs at 5am!
Friday 24 June 2016 10.57pm
ShellDockley wrote:
It is when it's barking at the top of it's lungs at 5am!
then I fully support your complaint and your polite ask for the culprits to stop their dog from barking. No one should have to put up with that anti social behaviour!
Saturday 25 June 2016 5.16am
Or maybe move to the Outer Hebrides, as you suggested, if it continues?!

Oh and I wasn't bitching, just asking for a bit of consideration.
Saturday 25 June 2016 10.14am
ShellDockley wrote:
Or maybe move to the Outer Hebrides, as you suggested, if it continues?!
Oh and I wasn't bitching, just asking for a bit of consideration.
no need for me to go to the outer Hebrides as I have a home in the Kent countryside to go to when London becomes too tiresome.
Sunday 26 June 2016 10.58am
Not sure why there's a discussion on this Elliott's Row Pocket Park thread talking about dogs barking, when there should be no dogs in the park, let alone barking ones. The council's very large notice on by the gate is clear - No Dogs. I haven't seen a dog in there for a long time (over a year), but when I have I've asked the owner to ensure it's removed.
Sunday 26 June 2016 2.52pm
Perronetonian wrote:
Not sure why there's a discussion on this Elliott's Row Pocket Park thread talking about dogs barking, when there should be no dogs in the park, let alone barking ones. The council's very large notice on by the gate is clear - No Dogs. I haven't seen a dog in there for a long time (over a year), but when I have I've asked the owner to ensure it's removed.

ShellDockley's very reasonable original complaint was about Nelson Square - see Dogs! at http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/204472/page=1 - if you read back you'll see why she raised it here as well.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions