London SE1 community website

The impact of closing Newcomen Street to traffic

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Zoe
Tuesday 15 March 2016 9.42pm
Walking up the really narrow bit of Newcomen Street this evening, a large lorry passed at the same time and had to slow down to avoid hitting me. I wasn't even on the edge of the pavement!

I know the pub has had real problem with vehicles hitting the side of the pub, I suspect they will be thrilled when the road is closed.
Tuesday 15 March 2016 10.14pm
Here is a useful map showing all the proposed changes to the road layout south of London Bridge Station once the station redevelopment is complete:

http://oldbermondseyforum.org/onewebmedia/Bermondsey%20Street%20area%20traffic%20plan.pdf

It was produced by the council at the request of the Old Bermondsey Village Neighbourhood Forum.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Zoe
Tuesday 15 March 2016 10.23pm
This looks really positive. The there are probably drawbacks I haven't thought off of course, but it's the sort of changes I would have wanted to see.
Tuesday 6 September 2016 8.21am
Meeting this week:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/whatson/event/18139/traffic-issues-around-bermondsey-and-london-bridge

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 6 September 2016 10.30am
Does anybody know whether the blue bit by Great Maze Pond will have a contraflow for cycles? Otherwise there is a bit of a detour to be made ...
Tuesday 9 May 2017 10.36pm
Best news I have heard in ages long time coming my the pub rejoice in tables and chairs outside, and may the people rejoice in the rat run finally been closed hurrah
Wednesday 10 May 2017 12.55pm
the traffic in the mornings on Long Lane meanwhile is considerably worse taking the C10 much longer to get through
Wednesday 10 May 2017 3.21pm
As more and more of the rat runs are closed to traffic, Long Lane takes the brunt of it. The traffic on Long just get worse and worse and worse.
Wednesday 10 May 2017 3.42pm
I remember the days when there were no traffic lights at the junction of long lane and borough high street and never any traffic. How I miss them.
Monday 15 May 2017 3.00pm
Coffee wrote:
As more and more of the rat runs are closed to traffic, Long Lane takes the brunt of it. The traffic on Long just get worse and worse and worse.

Absolutely. Unless they reinstate the right turn coming North up Borough High Street onto Tooley Street, then the traffic on Long Lane is going to be incredible.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions