London SE1 community website

Roof top extension to Guinness Court Snowsfields

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4
Monday 16 October 2017 12.47pm
Ok. so this happened late on the Friday, the same week as the planning permission was granted:Pic and sketch of widening crack on the landing of one of the stair wells.

A crack on the landing that was attended to late on Friday evening, a mere three days after Planning Permission was granted for the extra floors and for insertion of lifts.
Guinness Trust staff came by, scoped the crack, were heard to say "tenants tend to panic", and installed some metal posts.
I think 'concern' is a better word
Monday 16 October 2017 2.48pm
Nothing surprises me any more with Guinness Trust. I've been waiting over 13 weeks for works to be completed. I raised a complaint to be told, I've exhausted the complaints procedure and I should seek legal help.
Monday 16 October 2017 7.17pm
The crack house in block L is back soon. Watch out for the needles.
Monday 16 October 2017 7.34pm
That's bloody big crack! When working in one office there was a taped device that measured widening of the crack. Guy who fixed it up said no point in repairing it, you don't know what's the cause..seems to me the residents know the cause.

Ps. The office was housing office in 1-3 spa rd!
Monday 16 October 2017 10.32pm
ImaginaryHF wrote:
Ok. so this happened late on the Friday, the same week as the planning permission was granted:Pic and sketch of widening crack on the landing of one of the stair wells.
A crack on the landing that was attended to late on Friday evening, a mere three days after Planning Permission was granted for the extra floors and for insertion of lifts.
Guinness Trust staff came by, scoped the crack, were heard to say "tenants tend to panic", and installed some metal posts.
I think 'concern' is a better word

Shocking!
Tuesday 17 October 2017 6.40pm
Jules62 wrote:

Shocking!

It gets worse the more I think about it.
... added another pic taken today, here: Exterior shot from the courtyard
Tuesday 17 October 2017 6.59pm
Since photobucket changed it's free hosting you can't see the pic I put up on page 1, so here it is again.

Tuesday 17 October 2017 7.20pm
[quote beetroot]Since photobucket changed it's free hosting you can't see the pic I put up on page 1, so here it is again.[/quote beetroot]

Nice, thanks. I like the idea in principal, but the way they're going about it not so much. That, and the structural issues that arise from 100 years of wear & tear.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions