London SE1 community website

Congestion

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Friday 8 April 2016 12.36pm
Twice in the past 4 months I nearly missed my Eurostar during daytime as I was stubbornly using the bus to King's Cross instead of the tube. NEVER again! Coming back from King's Cross to E&C at night does not even take much more than 15 minutes on the bus...
I miss Waterloo's Eurostar terminal.
Friday 8 April 2016 6.22pm
Connie, today it took ninety minutes from Derby to st.pancras. On a sixty three bus it took eighty minute to get off at bartholomew street off new Kent red.!
Monday 11 April 2016 1.17am
The match between Tottenham and Man Utd was delayed today because the Man Utd team were stuck in traffic, millions around the World were cursing Boris.
Monday 11 April 2016 1.23am
connie wrote:
Twice in the past 4 months I nearly missed my Eurostar during daytime as I was stubbornly using the bus to King's Cross instead of the tube. NEVER again! Coming back from King's Cross to E&C at night does not even take much more than 15 minutes on the bus...
I miss Waterloo's Eurostar terminal.

Last time I took the Eurostar I took the train from Blackfriars to Kings X. I planned an hour, so ended up spending 45 mins at Kings X because I go there so early. I guess my point is, I like busses, but there are efficient alternatives in place to reach a destination in a less stressful manner.
Anonymous User
Monday 11 April 2016 10.07am
I've had to do the same. Had a meeting in Farringdon. Got off and walked. I'd usually cycle, but I had things to carry. That single lane at the foot of Blackfriars Bridge going north has created gridlock all the way to Southwark Bridge / Southwark Station, and is actually affecting Southwark Bridge Road and Marshalsea Road, and sometimes affects as much going as far back as Great Suffolk Street on Southwark Bridge Road and Borough Station. As with Elephant & Castle, these idiots who designed the new layouts have clearly done zero traffic flow simulations to see what would happen. The roads are now unusable, the only solution I can see is to dig the silliness up and start fresh again. Boris wants to put the congestion charge up again to combat congestion. Imbecile. You cannot force single lanes upon major A roads in a horse & cart city like London. The single lane on London Road / Borough Road causes problems all the way back to Lambeth North and all along Blackfriars. The team behind this effort should be publicly name and shamed to put on their CV. Brits can take out class action suits now. I think all residents should sue the TfL / GLA as the pollution I'd imagine is way beyond EU safety levels. Don't blame drivers, diesel, or anything else. Blame the city planners.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions