London SE1 community website

email for housing benefit.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 11 April 2016 9.37am
Morning everyone, Tis I le Jan! can anyone help with an email adress for hb. benefits? They have made a minor mistake with the amount of state pension I receive. I thought they had a One stop shop in The Blue, but was told they are no longer there. There is one apparently at Peckham but I find that a bit far today to get to, so thought I could scan the docs. and forward them. Is there one in Walworth Rd. at all?
Monday 11 April 2016 10.49am
Jan the one in the Blue is still there for a few more days-my Dad was there on Friday and they are closing but have not gone but there are no facilities for payemtn etc just advice-give them a ring and check when shutting

Terrible really as assumption everyone can travel to Peckham or has access to a computer-or as in my Dad's case family who can access for him
Monday 11 April 2016 3.23pm
Thanks you for that Dee I will go first thing in the morning.:-)
Monday 11 April 2016 4.20pm
I think you may need an appointment Jan but can always see if they will see you
Monday 11 April 2016 4.23pm
I'd only want to get them to take a copy of pension etc. I could be sneaky and do me drunken ole gel bit...easily acheived I just wont take me pills! :-) they'll want me out the shop toot sweet!
Zoe
Tuesday 12 April 2016 4.57am
I am pretty sure they are doing some days in the library at the blue: http://www.southwark.gov.uk/servicepoints
Tuesday 12 April 2016 9.23am
try lewisham - they dont even bother to reply to emails even though im in charge of all my mums finances
Tuesday 12 April 2016 1.19pm
i went to The BLUE today and arriving thought no wonder their closing hardly anyone was there. in the fifteen minutes I was there loads of people came in. It's a well used ONE STOP SHOP, hope it stays there in the future as there were quite a few elderly people there . The Staff dealt with me despite having no appointment.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions