London SE1 community website

Tooley Street eastbound closed for next two yrs

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Thursday 21 April 2016 9.18am
Just imagine the difficulty that patients who have appointments at Guys and have to rely on hospital transport, or mini cabs. They'd have to leave hour earlier than intended.
Thursday 21 April 2016 9.57am
they could maybe reopen St Thomas street as an alternative...
Thursday 21 April 2016 12.08pm
Being a bit thick why are they closing the east bound traffic when it is he westbound lane that is next to the station?
Thursday 21 April 2016 12.41pm
I'm so glad you asked that question MiltonF - I've been puzzling over it too!
Thursday 21 April 2016 1.02pm
I guess that they've decided west bound traffic will use the current east bound lane and that it is easier to re-route eastbound traffic elsewhere based on current traffic flows.

Just a guess though.
Thursday 21 April 2016 1.34pm
Marshalsea Road is blocked solid - bumper to bumper most days.
Thursday 21 April 2016 4.11pm
Henry wrote:
At least no more speed cars in Long Lane as it will be completely jammed by traffic. Plus Tower Bridge closing 3 months for late 2016. It is going to be chaotic along the whole area.

Henry, aside from the poor s.o.b.s sitting in the traffic, do you think anyone else, particularly anyone in authority, cares?
Thursday 21 April 2016 5.17pm
Be interesting Tom if they could count vehicular traffic like years ago. Putting a cable across the roads and log every single vehicle travelling along the roads affected for the next two years. Probably blow a gasket..no pun intended just couldn't think of right word! Do they still have gaskets or running boards on cars, or the little orange indicators that stuck out like ears!
Tuesday 26 April 2016 2.58pm
connie wrote:
they could maybe reopen St Thomas street as an alternative...

YES!
Tuesday 26 April 2016 5.43pm
Oh no! Travelling along TBR by bus into the city in the mornings is just horrendous at the moment. A couple of times I've had to abandon the bus and walk before we've got to Druid St.

It's not as though we have a lot of options for crossing the river into the City - it's either Tower or London Bridges and both northbound approaches are already busy without closing feeder roads onto them and rerouting traffic.

Not amusing any more...........
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions