London SE1 community website

The post ...again ...and again ...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Wednesday 8 June 2016 9.23am
Thanks Kory, I will try that. Problem is that one was sent from overseas, and I have no idea how to track / claim that. I will try to follow up on the other one. Thanks
Thursday 9 June 2016 12.12pm
6 day delivery? we didn't even have that when they announced they were stopping the second delivery. nonroyalmail bulk delivered every 10 days or so, or like the referendum guide, not delivered at all - i suggest moving to or using anywhere outside se1/se16 as mandela way has so much previous! my mail goes via se15 address now - proper deliveries and all security mail properly handled at peckham!
Thursday 9 June 2016 12.53pm
I'm in Trinity Church Square and haven't had any post for 2 weeks. I know there have been at least 2 postcards sent to me and a CC statement that I haven't received...

I thought moving from SBR might improve the situation!
Tuesday 23 August 2016 11.07am
this year we have had as few deliveries as just twice a week. a pattern is emerging where one of those days, sometimes monday when post does not usually come, staff too tired from not delivering saturdays i presume, we have what we call mass bulk non royal mail delivery day.

this is when the cat is disturbed by the clatter of nonfranked 'delivered by royal mail' ie from whistl or ukmail. seven items in total yesterday. does anyone else suffer a bulk last mile by royal mail day? if so what's your favoured day?

i just presume it lies in a corner of mandela way until the pile gets too large ...
Tuesday 23 August 2016 12.21pm
We don't get any post on Mondays either - and all the parcels seem to appear on Saturdays! Say what you like about Amazon but at least you know they'll turn up in good time.
Tuesday 23 August 2016 12.24pm
I also only see to receive post periodically.

This morning I received post addressed to someone in a completely different block down the road.

Does Royal Mail actually check that their employees can read before they employ them?
Tuesday 23 August 2016 7.47pm
A post man in bermondsey was arrested for keeping peoples post in his house because he was to lazy to go out and post it, thats why my post was not arriving, I know through a source. They found three bags I think was told at his house.
Tuesday 23 August 2016 7.52pm
actually got one letter today! appointment reminder from tommys dated 9 august, you get it, for an appointment, yesterday ...
Wednesday 24 August 2016 5.33pm
about 400 households in my area (around Trinity St) wrote to Royal Mail a short while ago, including a complaint about mis-directed post. in reply, RM said they were giving training to the sorting office, but we continue to receive mis-directed post, for completey different blocks/different streets. half the time too the postman doesn't post the letters fully in the mailbox, encouraging mail thieves the check out mailboxes and see what they can steal. we'll no doubt be writing to RM again in the autumn to update them on how successful their training was.
Friday 2 September 2016 11.41pm
VHGBorough write to the ceo moya greene - I have complained about this for years but they say no one else complains but me
[email protected]
Though we have had slightly less wrong deliveries - we get post average 2- 3 times a week only just off SBR- loads of stuff going missing as ever.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions