London SE1 community website

Corner of Isabella and Joan Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Zoe
Tuesday 21 June 2016 2.03pm
Update on big gate. The bins are from the market (which I take to mean the stalls under the bridge) and there shouldn't be so many so Southwark is removing some. It leads to a wider question about the market there (not sure when it became a market and not just a couple of stalls!). Karen has previously raised the smells, it doesn't bother me but combined with bin gate it does show that there has been a change which has started to impact on us locally. I don't know what the answer is, I'm just raising it.
Wednesday 22 June 2016 12.02pm
We'll be issued with best quality Southwark nosegays as we pass by.
Wednesday 22 June 2016 6.31pm
Surely if they remove some of the bins those businesses will leave their bags on the floor. Perhaps we could ask them to replace the bins with ones that have lids, looking at them right now from my flat, it appears that all four are lid-less.
Thursday 23 June 2016 8.00pm
can i suggest that we roll the bins nearer the foods outlets where they belong.see how many customer they get once people realise how grossly they are disposing of they're rubbish ?
who's with me ?
Friday 24 June 2016 9.35am
I'm with you Max! I will gladly come and help you move the bins.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions