London SE1 community website

Skateboarders at the Elephant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Tuesday 5 July 2016 5.40pm
So...who do we speak to??
Tuesday 5 July 2016 6.46pm
jackie rokotnitz wrote:
So...who do we speak to??
Probably already too late. Based on previous form, any attempts to reclaim the public space now will likely be painted as totalitarian interference with their established right to skate in these places. Before you know it there will be a social media campaign (supported by several well-meaning but daft celebs) demanding that they be allowed to stay put.
Tuesday 5 July 2016 6.54pm
Hmmm..not sure. That sounds a bit defeatist to me.
Wednesday 6 July 2016 8.09am
jackie rokotnitz wrote:
Hmmm..not sure. That sounds a bit defeatist to me.

Once they build the £1 million+ apartments where the shopping centre is now the police will soon move them on.... money just doesn’t talk, it demands!
Thursday 7 July 2016 2.25pm
I don't think there has been any change, the skateboarders are still at it.

I believe Cllr Adele Morris and TFL are the people to contact in regards to making changes.

I don't think they have gone nearly far enough, I don't understand why they have not placed the metal knobs onto the benches which resolve all of this
Friday 8 July 2016 8.44pm
Tonight coming out of the leisure by 1 the elephant. Skateboarders have removed plants so they can jump on the stone surrounds. I questioned what they were doing but just received the most vile abuse. Lucky i was in a good mood!
Sunday 10 July 2016 11.44am
Skateboarding might be a fact of life, but spending millions on a new square to get this a few months later doesn't seem right to me: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4xw_t9blE7CNFVXeExTTFhNOUE
Sunday 10 July 2016 11.56am
Totally agree. Since when was "skateboarding in a place designated for public leisure" a fact of life? Formula One is a fact of life. So are urination and evacuation. That's a feeble excuse if ever I heard one.
Monday 11 July 2016 11.27am
the whole area is a mess...

1) The defacing of property by skateboarders
2) The massive lake caused by inadequate drainage and amazingly incompetent design
3) The spread of drinkers from the Wetherspoons onto the shruberry areas and general verge
4) The death and general danger associated with the bend
5) The absurd amount of horrible brown bins on the verge itself
6) The ridiculous pavement cycle lane / pavement area outside the LCC building with the dangerous metal bit sticking out

A national paper should run a story with photos of the above points against the caption "£ 3BN refurbishment farce"
jpm
Monday 11 July 2016 2.10pm
The person to take this up should be Florence Eshalomi (https://www.london.gov.uk/people/assembly/Florence-ESHALOMI) who's the London Assembly Member for Lambeth and Southwark and just happens to be on the Assembly's Transport Committee.

This is the political scrutiny to hold TfL and the Mayor to account
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions