London SE1 community website

Neil Coyle

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 13 of 21
Friday 19 May 2017 7.41pm
And looking at the latest odds, you can only expect it to get worse.

Oddschecker
Monday 22 May 2017 7.28pm
Just had some leaflets through from Labour. Apparently Neil wants to hear from me, bit late unfortunately, he's heard from me three times and never replied!
Tuesday 23 May 2017 9.44am
Well said - my thoughts exactly. That said, however, so far it's only my husband he wants to hear from - I've received nothing / heard nothing from Neil Coyle since the day he became our MP.
Tuesday 23 May 2017 7.42pm
Colleagues - let's just keep voting Labour here whatever the leadership of the party is or is not and keep our internal strife to ourselves. Labour will always do its best for the people (including the children and older people) of Southwark. Let's just get behind the local party and win here again whatever happens elsewhere. It is only here that our votes, campaigning and public rowing can make a difference.
Tuesday 23 May 2017 7.56pm
If we want an MP who ignores constituents or picks those he will help, then by all means vote Labour. If we want an MP who helps all of the people wherever he can then DON'T VOTE LABOUR.

By way of personal example, Coyle ignored a plea for urgent help for my (then) 11-year-old son back in 2015 and then had the temerity to reply months later, when I reminded him of his failure to reply, saying that he could not help because:

Neil Coyle wrote:
Whilst we have met, I do not know you very well at all (other than your contributions online).
Whilst your subsequent email and online comments perhaps suggest I was right to prioritise help elsewhere, but I thought I would explain the lack of reference."

The grammatical and nonsensical errors in the quote above are not mine - I have merely cut and pasted!
Tuesday 23 May 2017 8.23pm
Gavin Smith wrote:
If we want an MP who ignores constituents or picks those he will help, then by all means vote Labour. If we want an MP who helps all of the people wherever he can then DON'T VOTE LABOUR.
By way of personal example, Coyle ignored a plea for urgent help for my (then) 11-year-old son back in 2015 and then had the temerity to reply months later, when I reminded him of his failure to reply, saying that he could not help because:

Neil Coyle wrote:
Whilst we have met, I do not know you very well at all (other than your contributions online).
Whilst your subsequent email and online comments perhaps suggest I was right to prioritise help elsewhere, but I thought I would explain the lack of reference."

The grammatical and nonsensical errors in the quote above are not mine - I have merely cut and pasted!

Lol, I have just given a trip advisor review on a hotel I stayed at on the weekend. It got me thinking, what would Neil score as our MP?

It's a 2 from me.
Wednesday 24 May 2017 8.33am
Gavin Smith wrote:

Neil Coyle wrote:

What were the "...subsequent email and online comments... "suggest I was right to prioritise help elsewhere..."? Just to put it all in context.
Wednesday 24 May 2017 8.53am
To put it into context, the "online comments" were made on this very site - indeed, I think you replied at the time, EW. I am trying to find the particular thread and will update. I The "subsequent e-mail" was thus:

Gavin Smith wrote:
Hi Neil

It was super of you to get back in touch further to my pleas on behalf of my son, even if it was just to say that you couldn't help. One adjective springs to mind: useless.

Yours in disgust
Wednesday 24 May 2017 1.54pm
Gavin Smith wrote:
To put it into context, the "online comments" were made on this very site - indeed, I think you replied at the time, EW. I am trying to find the particular thread and will update. I The "subsequent e-mail" was thus:
Gavin Smith wrote:
Hi Neil

It was super of you to get back in touch further to my pleas on behalf of my son, even if it was just to say that you couldn't help. One adjective springs to mind: useless.

Yours in disgust

Based on that thread, a comment I pondered yesterday was "I may have defended Coyle once, won't do that again." Not a huge fan, mainly because of his behaviour re Corbyn and generally very insincere campaign emails i receive from his team. One thing I appreciate about Corbyn his that he doesn't lower himself to resorting to the tasteless tactics his opponents and even some of his Labour colleagues employ. I see similarities between Hughes and Corbyn actually, especially where integrity is concerned.
Wednesday 24 May 2017 1.58pm
Wish Kate Hoey was our MP.. I see UKIP and Conservatives have chosen Female Lawyers as candidates.. haven't heard them yet though Has anyone else?
Current: 13 of 21

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions