London SE1 community website

Neil Coyle

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 14 of 21
Wednesday 24 May 2017 2.19pm
Paramount wrote:
Wish Kate Hoey was our MP.. I see UKIP and Conservatives have chosen Female Lawyers as candidates.. haven't heard them yet though Has anyone else?
As a Kipper in Labour's clothing I don't think she'd stand much chance here. I hope LibDems unseat her.
Wednesday 24 May 2017 2.45pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Paramount wrote:
Wish Kate Hoey was our MP.. I see UKIP and Conservatives have chosen Female Lawyers as candidates.. haven't heard them yet though Has anyone else?
As a Kipper in Labour's clothing I don't think she'd stand much chance here. I hope LibDems unseat her.

Was Tony Benn a "kipper" in Labour's clothing? Was Bob Crowe a "kipper" in union clothing? Galloway, "kipper" too? (Not sure about his clothing though).

Perhaps they are all real Labour, I certainly think they were/are.
Wednesday 24 May 2017 3.00pm
boroughonian wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Paramount wrote:
Wish Kate Hoey was our MP.. I see UKIP and Conservatives have chosen Female Lawyers as candidates.. haven't heard them yet though Has anyone else?
As a Kipper in Labour's clothing I don't think she'd stand much chance here. I hope LibDems unseat her.

Was Tony Benn a "kipper" in Labour's clothing? Was Bob Crowe a "kipper" in union clothing? Galloway, "kipper" too? (Not sure about his clothing though).

Perhaps they are all real Labour, I certainly think they were/are.

Don't see how Benn fits in there, but Crowe and Galloway? Why not. But Hoey's cosying up to Farage was particularly poignant.
Thursday 25 May 2017 8.56am
What would Victor Meldrew have said to this outrageous treatment ?
Thursday 25 May 2017 7.08pm
Neil Coyle wrote:
Whilst we have met, I do not know you very well at all (other than your contributions online).
Whilst your subsequent email and online comments perhaps suggest I was right to prioritise help elsewhere, but I thought I would explain the lack of reference."

I am appalled at this message Mr Coyle sent one of his constituents.

I thought that a Member of Parliament is supposed to represent and fight for all who live in his constituency, not just those who voted him in, or those who do not have the audacity to publicly criticize his ways.

I find this behaviour petty, mean, and high-handed.
Friday 26 May 2017 9.12am
What upset me was that it wasn't me he let down; it was an 11-year-old boy. To then see in his promotional material that he boasts of helping loads of constituents with precisely the matter I was going to him about on behalf of my son was a slap in the face.
Friday 26 May 2017 10.07am
Between Labour and Lib Dem, there's not much of a choice in Southwark & Bermondsey.

Both candidates have histories of double-talking, and the campaign material - especially the Lib Dem stuff - is more about how bad the other parties are than anything to do with what their own parties stand for (Brexit aside).

It's hardly an appetising choice...

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 26 May 2017 10.42am
The more these polls narrow, the more likely I am to return to Labour, it will grate on me because I'm not a fan of Coyle.
I will also have a few apologies to make after claiming Corbyn has no chance, Brexit's a stumbling block, but then there are so many stumbling blocks if the Tories win. Interesting....and confusing.
Friday 26 May 2017 12.47pm
I was going to hold my nose and vote for Hughes as a tactic to make sure Coyle doesn't win and on 9th June Labour is left in no doubt whatsoever that Corbynism is a cancer liability that needs to be removed. Then the Lib Dems deceptive letter proporting to be from a doctor rather than the Lib Dems arrived. With that I decided to vote Tory. Put simply; a pox on both their houses.
Friday 26 May 2017 1.12pm
boroughbloke wrote:
I was going to hold my nose and vote for Hughes as a tactic to make sure Coyle doesn't win and on 9th June Labour is left in no doubt whatsoever that Corbynism is a cancer liability that needs to be removed. Then the Lib Dems deceptive letter proporting to be from a doctor rather than the Lib Dems arrived. With that I decided to vote Tory. Put simply; a pox on both their houses.

Either Coyle or Hughes will be elected in this constituency.

Voting Tory will have the same effect as not voting at all.

It all boils down to having a say on which of the only two candidates with a chance one prefers, or hates the least...
Current: 14 of 21

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions