London SE1 community website

Neil Coyle

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 16 of 21
Monday 29 May 2017 5.18pm
It turns out that she was awarded the MBE in 2000, so under Blair's government. Her husband was knighted in 2013 under the coalition.

But hang on, I thought she was saying that the NHS was safer/better off in the hands of the Lib Dems, yet it seems her reason for leaving the Labour party was Brexit and nothing to do with the NHS. Does she really believe that the NHS is better off in the hands of the Lib Dems?

Sorry, but I think that letter is unscrupulous.
Monday 29 May 2017 8.22pm
boroughonian wrote:
It turns out that she was awarded the MBE in 2000, so under Blair's government. Her husband was knighted in 2013 under the coalition.
But hang on, I thought she was saying that the NHS was safer/better off in the hands of the Lib Dems, yet it seems her reason for leaving the Labour party was Brexit and nothing to do with the NHS. Does she really believe that the NHS is better off in the hands of the Lib Dems?

So if what she wrote denotes lack of scruples on her part, why are some blaming the Lib-Dems for her opinions..?
Tuesday 30 May 2017 8.56am
Jules62 wrote:
boroughonian wrote:

So if what she wrote denotes lack of scruples on her part, why are some blaming the Lib-Dems for her opinions..?

I'm sure the party would've sanctioned the letter. Anyway, as I've said before, it's a dirty business and they fight like spoilt kids.

Both parties have been bothering my elderly Mother in law, phone calls night after night, she's told them who she's voting for and that her mind is made up, yet the calls keep coming. She will come across dithery and apologetic to the unlucky party who will not be getting her vote, yet they keep calling as do the lucky party that will be getting her vote.

After telling the Labour lot that they will not be getting her vote umpteen times, Coyle called her the other night, I suspect they think they can change her mind, they can't.

In this case, I feel that they are both being unscrupulous and I will just stop short of using the word "bullying", the slightest thing unsettles her and my wife will be making complaints.

Has anyone else received phone calls? We haven't.
Thursday 1 June 2017 6.58am
Thought I would make a comment on our MP as have had work dealings with both him & Simon Hughes.

My company had a problem with Southwark Council a few years ago & Simon Hughes's team were fantastic in helping me get a resolution to the problem. It was an example of what a constituency MP should be about.

I then emailed Mr Coyle over a month ago regarding another serious issue which is having a detrimental affect on my staff as a Southwark based employer. So far I have not even had a courtesy email reply from Mr Coyle's office.

For the record, I have no political affiliation to either men or party, and yes I know that their is a GE campaign underway & that Mr Coyle is no longer an official MP.
Thursday 1 June 2017 7.03am
Thought I would make a comment on our MP as have had work dealings with both him & Simon Hughes.

My company had a problem with Southwark Council a few years ago & Simon Hughes's team were fantastic in helping me get a resolution to the problem. It was an example of what a constituency MP should be about.

I then emailed Mr Coyle over a month ago regarding another serious issue which is having a detrimental affect on my staff as a Southwark based employer. So far I have not even had a courtesy email reply from Mr Coyle's office.

For the record, I have no political affiliation to either men or party, and yes I know that their is a GE campaign underway & that Mr Coyle is now no longer an official MP.
Thursday 1 June 2017 11.27am
Tony's post is no surprise. Coyle picks and chooses who he wants to help and ignores the rest of his constituents

Tony, I suggest that you e-mail Simon Hughes or his team. From my own experience, I am sure he will help in whatever way he can. He has continued to help people, and our community, even after 2015 and well before the snap election was called.
Friday 2 June 2017 12.45pm
In a Southwark News interview published yesterday, Coyle's place within Labour is made abundantly clear:

"Mr Coyle says a vote for him is a vote for his “brand of Labour” in this election – not the Labour party.

It doesn’t quite echo what he said the year he was elected, when he told the News he thought the electorate was “voting based on how people perceive the values of political parties”.

But after denying he ever said a vote for him was a vote for Labour, the Bermondsey and Old Southwark candidate simply says it will be his name on the ballot paper on June 8.
"

Basically he's almost a one-man party and those tempted to vote for him due to their approval of Corbyn are misplacing their affections...
Friday 2 June 2017 1.50pm
Jules62 wrote:
In a Southwark News interview published yesterday, Coyle's place within Labour is made abundantly clear:
"Mr Coyle says a vote for him is a vote for his “brand of Labour” in this election – not the Labour party.

It doesn’t quite echo what he said the year he was elected, when he told the News he thought the electorate was “voting based on how people perceive the values of political parties”.

But after denying he ever said a vote for him was a vote for Labour, the Bermondsey and Old Southwark candidate simply says it will be his name on the ballot paper on June 8.
"

Basically he's almost a one-man party and those tempted to vote for him due to their approval of Corbyn are misplacing their affections...

I think he can thank his lucky stars that people will be voting for Corbyn. I find Coyle more despicable by the day.
Friday 2 June 2017 1.58pm
First off, I have never voted Labour, and I'm quite sure that I never will, even though in prehistoric times, Bob Mellish the Labour M.P., originally for Rotherhithe, later expanded to Bermondsey helped me and my first wife to get a flat on The Bonamy Estate.
As someone who was self-employed for the major part of his working life, I was always ready to get up and go out and earn a buck, but I began to see friends and acquaintances who weren't interested in that, their key word was "social", on the social, let the social pick up the tab, can't or don't want to pay the rent, go down the social, they HAVE to rehouse you, and all that malarkey.
Left wing Councils, like Lambeth, would give out public funds to any quasi entity, like lesbian mothers against the bomb, black entitlement group, white fathers for justice etc. etc.
I've just invented those off the top of my head, but hopefully you'll know what I mean.
As an ex black cab driver, I'm still in touch with various arms of that trade, and very rarely, maybe biannually, I'll be asked to write my M.P. about something that affects the trade, very often it's Uber, and their ease at being able to bend the rules.
When it was Simon Hughes, I always got a reply, along the lines of, "I'm on your side, black cabs are iconic, I'll do my best to fight their corner."
The one and only time that the L.T.D.A. asked me to write my M.P. since Simon was voted out, was to ask him to look into the allegations that David Cameron and George Osborne had texted Boris Johnson to ask him to reconsider his proposals that would have helped black cab drivers, but would have had an adverse affect on Uber.
Three months later Boris dropped the proposals.
At the same time, the black cab trade were, not unreasonably, a tad concerned that Rachel Whetstone, a senior Uber executive was godmother to the Cameron's child, and in addition, Wes Streeting, Labour M.P. declared, and I quote, "It is pretty obvious that Number 10, under David Cameron, was acting as a fully signed up lobbyist for Uber inside Government."
I had a reply from Mr. Coyle, in which he attached a letter he had tabled, stating all the things I mentioned, it probably went the way of all things in the Gasworks, our name, (black cab drivers), for Parliament.
Friday 2 June 2017 6.23pm
boroughonian wrote:
Jules62 wrote:
boroughonian wrote:

I'm sure the party would've sanctioned the letter.

Seeing as I have just received a letter from a Bob Marshall-Andrews (me neither), using the exact same format and presentation as Dr Gerada's, explaining that, like Dr Gerada, he has left the Labour party and what a wrench it was and that he has now joined the Lib Dems, I think it's fair to say that it is obvious where the letters have emanated from, the party.

At least, this time there is some honesty about his decision to leave Labour, citing Brexit. Although he did mention the "falsehoods pedalled by the leave campaign" seemingly overlooking the falsehoods pedalled by the remain campaign.

Democracy eh, he doesn't seem to like it very much. He accuses Labour of signing up to Brexit. Seriously, what kind of party is this? Final straw, I can't vote for them, that's after telling the Labour canvassers that I would be.

What a crap election this is.
Current: 16 of 21

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions