London SE1 community website

Mercato Metropolitano

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 4 of 7
Sunday 20 November 2016 3.28pm
I am falling in love with this place, we went and had a look around Flat Iron Sq, not much there so walked to Mercato. Had the Argentinian steak sarnie, the steak melted in the mouth, never had an Argentinian steak before, I'm sure a proper steak would be even better than the sandwich we had, but oh it was nice. Such nice people serving too.
Sunday 20 November 2016 10.49pm
boroughonian wrote:
I am falling in love with this place, we went and had a look around Flat Iron Sq, not much there so walked to Mercato. Had the Argentinian steak sarnie, the steak melted in the mouth, never had an Argentinian steak before, I'm sure a proper steak would be even better than the sandwich we had, but oh it was nice. Such nice people serving too.

I don't wish to advertise, as I have no connection with the place, but if you want to try an Argentine steak, try the churrascaria, (rough translation of the Portuguese for barbecue), Restaurant Constancia, in Tower Bridge Road, corner of Tanner Street.
Run by nice people, good service, and great steaks, reasonable wine list, not cheap but well worth a visit in my opinion.
I haven't been for a while, they were having trouble with their extractor fan system, and the lingering smoke could irritate your eyes, but that's probably fixed by now.
Monday 21 November 2016 5.42am
Actually Tom, I was thinking of that very place to try one out, I will definitely visit there this side of Xmas. I might even be able to fix their extract! I still can't get over the tenderness of that steak sandwich.
Monday 21 November 2016 4.34pm
Tom Pepper wrote:
boroughonian wrote:

I don't wish to advertise, as I have no connection with the place, but if you want to try an Argentine steak, try the churrascaria, (rough translation of the Portuguese for barbecue), Restaurant Constancia, in Tower Bridge Road, corner of Tanner Street.
Run by nice people, good service, and great steaks, reasonable wine list, not cheap but well worth a visit in my opinion.
I haven't been for a while, they were having trouble with their extractor fan system, and the lingering smoke could irritate your eyes, but that's probably fixed by now.

boroughonian wrote:

boroughonian wrote:
Actually Tom, I was thinking of that very place to try one out, I will definitely visit there this side of Xmas. I might even be able to fix their extract! I still can't get over the tenderness of that steak sandwich.

I have eaten in Restaurant Constancia, in Tower Bridge Road, it was good, not just the steak, the green beans were delicious! The service was great. As said though not cheap :)

Life's too short live it!!!

D x
Tuesday 22 November 2016 3.59pm
WOW
What a gem of a place
I had walked passed the deli a few times but never ventured inside
A variety of deliciousness awaits you as you enter the warehouse space - I had the Pizza which was delicious
What an amazing addition to the area
Saturday 26 November 2016 2.05pm
Went there again today, tried Borough Market and I have never seen so many people there as I did today and I'm there every Saturday, queues were ridiculous. So I was off to Mercato instead, another steak sandwich, lovely.
Saturday 26 November 2016 6.41pm
boroughonian wrote:
Went there again today, tried Borough Market and I have never seen so many people there as I did today and I'm there every Saturday, queues were ridiculous.

Have you seen the queues for The Breakfast Club on Southwark St? They are getting longer every weekend, it's crazy. Who would wait outside in the cold for an hour for the opportunity to eat a bacon sarnie?
Saturday 26 November 2016 8.46pm
bohrsatom wrote:
boroughonian wrote:
Went there again today, tried Borough Market and I have never seen so many people there as I did today and I'm there every Saturday, queues were ridiculous.

Have you seen the queues for The Breakfast Club on Southwark St? They are getting longer every weekend, it's crazy. Who would wait outside in the cold for an hour for the opportunity to eat a bacon sarnie?

I think that every time I walk past it. The queue for the pulled pork baguette (hole in the wall) nearly went all the way back to BHS, never seen anything like it.
Saturday 27 May 2017 1.21pm
Just heard (and I really hope it's not true) that Mercato will stay in its current site for just another year. Then it'll move, likely to Battersea.
I didn't think it was going to be a success (too pricey), but I'm glad I've been proven wrong.
It'll be a massive loss for the area.
Sunday 28 May 2017 4.01pm
MarcoC wrote:
Just heard (and I really hope it's not true) that Mercato will stay in its current site for just another year. Then it'll move, likely to Battersea.
I didn't think it was going to be a success (too pricey), but I'm glad I've been proven wrong.
It'll be a massive loss for the area.

I haven't been for a while and you jogged my memory so decided to have my steak sarnie, very nice as usual.

Problem was, we were on a musical border, with rap music in one ear and some over stuff (gawd knows) in the other, Bit loud. I think I'm getting old. Walked away with a headache.

Bought some lovely sun dried Tomatoes from the deli though.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 4 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions