London SE1 community website

Good news about Beehive..

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Friday 23 September 2016 3.19pm
The Wild Beer is great, Well I tried another beer I think called Shakeshifter or Shakespeare! That was pretty arn good too...tonight I intend to sample the locally made Gin as that was my favourite drink years ago...any excuse LiviaDrusilla..I don't need any encouragement! But I do love a good beer also. Go and try the Pub out its new one in the area and as I said previously if we don't use it we'll lose it. Then the only place to get a beer will be the supermarket..:-(
Friday 23 September 2016 6.32pm
LiviaDrusilla wrote:
What's a "wild beer"? Sounds very hipster :-)

Wild Beer brew beers using wild yeast - which floats around in the air all the time (and can be used to make sour dough, for example). I'm no expert but I love beer and exploring the food matches (better than wine, imo). It's not 'hipster', and it's well worth exploring the Wild Beer range. No connection, I'm catholic in my beer tastes. I'm well impressed by Jan's exploratory efforts - must get down to Spit and Sawdust soon.
Saturday 24 September 2016 4.51pm
Last night they had a Pop up Fish and Chip stall in the little garden. Smashing, it had African flavours cooked in batter, served with mango salsa, and mustardy sauce..with incredible chips, very reasonably priced...oh yes and by the way the Wild Beer tasted good too!
Saturday 24 September 2016 5.01pm
Jan, it sounds as if you have a season ticket.

Btw, the beer you referred to as 'shakeshifter' was probably Shape-Shifter an American style IPA brewed by Fourpure, a Bermondsey brewery.
Wednesday 5 October 2016 4.54pm
A thoroughly nice pub. It's a bit of an out-of-the-way location, so if you haven't been to visit, please do make the effort and give them some support. They really have made it look nice, and have done something extraordinary to the old dump of the Beehive.

Connection: Satisfied customer. Only downside: music.
Wednesday 5 October 2016 5.27pm
Not "out-of"the-way" for everyone of course... closest pub for some of these readers!
I found the music was at a much more conversation-supporting level than some pubs but I do appreciate everyone's preference is different.
They're still working on the ladies - freshly tiled and definitely unfinished but a great improvement on my last visit.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions