London SE1 community website

Loudspeaker music, E&C tube

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Zoe
Saturday 27 August 2016 6.36pm
Rimby, you say the council got involved but to no avail, was it because they have no power in this area or because they wouldn't take action?

Paramount, that busker is starting to get quite annoying, I'm thinking of getting Jan to come up with her jam!
Saturday 27 August 2016 7.00pm
Hi Zoe,

I and others have been to many meetings over the past two years. Some action was eventually taken to install double yellow lines in Meadow Row. Nobody takes any notice and they just park and blast away with music anyway. The police know it is happening but do nothing. I have seen police vans just drive by. I had a night of hell last night and will for the next two evenings as there are Carnival events at the Coronet four nights on the trot. I have just today sent an email to Southwark Council on its anti social behaviour site and i have copied in Neil Coyle MP. I need to sleep as i am writing up my MA - impossible.

Additionally, someone last night stuck two large rave posters on pillars in my block of flats. The posters are impossible to remove. They appear to have been stuck on with superglue. i have emailed the events organiser Sam at the Coronet (she has attended some meetings) asking her to send someone to remove them. I have heard nothing. It is so outrageous. i will pursue this with Neil Coyle.
Zoe
Saturday 27 August 2016 7.52pm
What a nightmare for you, it seems ridiculous that no one can do anything. Seems worth trying Neil Coyle but I wonder that you shouldn't keep pursuing your councillors and the council, sometimes it takes tenacity more than anything else and showing that you won't give up and go away is often necessary to get officers to take action. I really can't accept that no one can do anything.
Saturday 27 August 2016 10.08pm
Southwark Street - Blue Fin roof terrace tonight - earsplitting! Love my music, but no escape anywhere it seems....
Sunday 28 August 2016 8.23am
Jan the old one wrote:
why some races feel the need to shout so loud is beyond me

Oh please
Sunday 28 August 2016 1.19pm
Zoe indeed is it vehicle horns rather than a busker? Pain whatever
Sunday 28 August 2016 3.37pm
Jan the old one wrote:
One suggestion is to throw handfuls of nails down...I was woken again by voices yelling at each other, ordinary conversation why some races feel the need to shout so loud is beyond me. The sounded like South American , that was at 12.55am they left their cars and tootled off somewhere. Returning in the morning. Tonight I am going to squirt jammy water over the windscreens, seeing throwing nails in the road may kill someone...
silk purses and sows ears or casting pearls before swine Jan the old one
Sunday 28 August 2016 4.35pm
Kevinurai, I only get that miserable at 1am....I could not have cared if the noisy sods were Martians....
Sunday 28 August 2016 5.23pm
Jan the old one wrote:
Kevinurai, I only get that miserable at 1am....I could not have cared if the noisy sods were Martians....
quite right too
Monday 29 August 2016 9.43pm
The police and council are useless.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions