London SE1 community website

Loudspeaker music, E&C tube

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4
Saturday 10 September 2016 11.26pm
Hi,

I wasn't sold a dream. I'm in a housing association flat, trying to get by like most people around here. I work long hours and I need sleep at weekends.
The ONLY issue I have is the loud music and dancing under my window at 2.00 am and 5.30 am. And being racially abused! I don't care if it's opera or rap. Go to the club to hear the music! Maybe the director guy should get something new going near his other place of work, the Mermaid Theatre. I'm sure the locals wouldn't mind.

If the council enforced the double yellow parking...I wouldn't have to worry. You'd think they would like to make some money!

Enough for me on this now.
Zoe
Sunday 11 September 2016 2.02pm
It's just nonsense to blame us as residents for objecting to people being anti social and claiming it's part of the London music scene. I have never heard anything so ludicrous. Were the people drinking outside my flat last night and shouting til 2am part of the budding London micro breweries?

Gentrification is a massive problem in this area, but that doesn't mean people who live in social housing should put up with people behaving like selfish arseholes. How are those two things remotely connected.
Sunday 11 September 2016 3.42pm
sgressive drunken behaviour..Gentification is not necessarily the issue. The issue is as previously opined a lack of zero tolerance towardsaggr by government and law enforcement agencies all due to love of money..root of all evil

We need proper community control officers instead of multi faceted local meetings which do not appear to achieve any worthwhile conclusion except perhaps to bestow a self grandiose importance on certain individuals
Sunday 11 September 2016 3.47pm
How about the clubs relocating to a desert island and staying there!
Sunday 11 September 2016 3.56pm
Why don't clubbers go to Metropolitan Tabernacle? as they seem to like Elephant area. More traditional proper music. Not noisy offensive sounds etc and they may have time to save their souls in the interim
Zoe
Sunday 11 September 2016 8.51pm
There is no evidence this is connected to the clubs, this is just people being noisy and anti social. Clubs are not the problem, rude people are!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions