London SE1 community website

GP Appointment a months wait

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 3 of 6
Tuesday 6 September 2016 9.12pm
And I suspect it's all the outsiders from UK clogging up the systems

Cotswolds 12
Tuesday 6 September 2016 9.45pm
Paramount wrote:

I bet you do. Why don't you provide some hard evidence to support that claim though. Cretin. Which is not an insult: unlike you, I have proof for that statement, in the shape of your post.
Tuesday 6 September 2016 10.44pm
Paramount wrote:

Are you sure it isn't the fault of all the "ousiders" who work for the NHS...?
Wednesday 7 September 2016 8.49am
And I suspect it's outsiders thinking it's the international health service!!!
Wednesday 7 September 2016 10.28am
Watch your language
Wednesday 7 September 2016 10.35am
New labour gave Gps more money and cut the clinic opening hours which didn't help at all and was our money
Zoe
Thursday 8 September 2016 7.54pm
There is just no evidence that it's 'outsiders' clogging up our health service, it's just nonsense and is letting the Tories off the hook for making cuts to the NHS, while claiming that they aren't.
Saturday 10 September 2016 12.02am
Tony Blair gave doctors more money and cut their hours. Years ago a GP was 24 /7 rotas of course
Saturday 10 September 2016 8.11am
Zoe,
I do not understand how you can dismiss Paramount's wide and wild claim that it is 'outsiders' clogging up the NHS as nonsense. Even you must accept that an annual increase of a third of a million foreigners entering the country and settling here each year without the necessary increases in facilities to match that influx has a detrimental effect on the current state of the NHS. That is part of the evidence you seek. One million extra patients every three years places an unbearable strain on the limited resources
Before the liberal and elitist attack let me explain that I do not agree with Paramount's term of 'clogging up' the NHS but I do accept that such large and continuous influx of foreigners does, at times,have an effect.

The current government under Theresa May seems keen to keep on with the dismantling of the NHS with Jeremy Hunt leading the charge with the importation of Simon Stevens as NHS chief. Stevens has the right credentials having been the CEO of Medicare and the president of United Health Care, and so the operation of divide and conquer continues even to the backing of TTIP.

I detest this Tory government and have no respect for it whatsoever and scant regard for those who enabled them to take office but I must admit that any government would have found it impossible to provide adequate facilities and would always be playing catch-up because of the number of foreigners entering the country over such a short period.
Saturday 10 September 2016 3.34pm
Yes and I simply say that money spent on gp salaries and cutting surgery consultation hours by New Labour not The Conservatives may have been better spent being ploughed into nhs in general. I love the nhs and should not be too snooty about from the benefactors..

My first experience of private input to a hospital was Addenbrooks Cambridge was in the shape of a Marks n Sparks store now copied in many areas of UK especially Tommy's and Guys. SE1. They have contributed to making a hospital visir hopefully a less frightening experience than previously.. Many wouldn't darken the doors then and the way junior doctors carry on can't blame them but we can only try in an imperfect world

Cotswolds 12
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 3 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions