London SE1 community website

Rudest Reception ever- Princess St Practice

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7
Friday 2 September 2016 10.35pm
I have had cause to visit Princess St Doctors Practice - twice in just over a week. Because the reception messed up the first appointment- a routine visit to the nurse.

I have had rudeness on occasion from reception - where I have been patient( but rarely go) for 20 years. I have to say I have been flummoxed by the needless out of no where rudeness and aggression I have experienced.

First time - very curt receptionist told me to sit out side room 8- I waited best part of half an hour - then went back to say - no ones come out- the original receptionist was barking at another poor patient. I explained the situ to her colleague ( perfectly nice) She said that I had not been logged in by the other receptionist - and I had been told to sit outside the wrong room - then the original receptionist raged in saying she had said room 18 - she didn't but the fact is I was up there anyway ( big hex-angle wait room) and no one came out to shout me. When I pointed this out I was called a liar. The nice one re- booked me in for the next week. Later I got a voicemail from the nice one - saying she had made a mistake and had booked me in when there is no nurse. Honest mistake - I rang her back - got the rude one - before i could finish a sentence -' no one would have rang you from reception so I cant help you because I don't know who it is'! When I described the nice one she bellowed across 'did you phone Miss etc... she then begrudgingly booked me another appointment for today.

So I arrived promptly today- reception unusually empty of patients- I stood at the waiting point, Two receptionist were stood laughing and joking - one sat at the central computer screen who looked at me - I said good afternoon- how you? She looked through me and did not respond. I walked the few steps to reception and she said I am just loggin in- to which I said - no problem. Out of no where in a aggressive tone. Just letting you know - you can't stand there - you have to stand there ( 2/3 steps away) until I say you can come to the desk. When I said - I greeted you and you ignored me and there are no other patients here so I am not crowding anyone- she bawled - I would not have done that - I said you just did - then she launched into it all again - to which I said must be really awful for you that a patient approached reception - she logged me in and gave me a room to sit outside. When I got to see the nurse- I have to admit I was furious and told her my experience - she had her own opinion ( I am not going to say here) about the reception staff but it was not good.

Forgot to say - last week I asked the name of the practice manager and both the nice and horrid receptionist said they did not know it. The nurse today told me the name.

I have put a report on NHS Choices re this and quelle surprise!!!- many simpler experiences at
Princess St.
I am not saying all the receptionists are rude, a couple are very helpful but a lot of them are unfathomably rude and aggressive.
Friday 2 September 2016 11.21pm
I too am a patient at PSGP, and know exactly who you are taking about: the most senior (as in eldest) member of the team.

A true harridan, she has been rude to me in the past, I have witnessed her being rude to other patients, and I have also seen her treat her junior colleagues very harshly.
Friday 2 September 2016 11.25pm
yes!!! on this occasion it was she and other- two different ones- but I guess it spreads -actually want to move to a different practice but expect that will be a palaver.
Saturday 3 September 2016 12.33am
The Hurley Clinic on Kennington Lane is not far - I've never had such a bad experience from them. Almost always polite and professional.
Saturday 3 September 2016 11.49am
That's terrible, I hate people like that, she sounds full of urine and self esteem...or as Mum would say..Full of Piss and Importance! She seems to be a bully too. Let's hope she retires soon or perhaps she's the doctors partner!
Saturday 3 September 2016 5.25pm
Thanks all - yes I will try to move- but think they are merging with Kennington Lane! Piss and Importance
Saturday 3 September 2016 8.33pm
How an earth do these rude reception staff keep these jobs. more people are needed to complain, the problem is people dont. so nothing gets done.
Sunday 4 September 2016 1.00am
you are right Lady writer- beggars belief
Sunday 4 September 2016 11.06am
I think PSGP should wear name badges myself, I have also experienced rudeness from the receptionist. When I told Dr Doherty, she got the practice manager to call me about it.

Catherine Arden is the Practice Manager

http://www.princessstreetgrouppractice.co.uk/office_teams_p2598.html?a=0
Sunday 4 September 2016 11.52am
Thanks Pops-agreed.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions