London SE1 community website

Rudest Reception ever- Princess St Practice

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 3 of 7
Monday 12 September 2016 11.56am
Kory wrote:
Update- I am due to speak to the Patients service manager and NHS England Complaints in the next few days. Both of whom I wrote to- from her initial email the PSM seemed to be aware of the rude/agressive receptionists- and it was on going!

Why are they still employed?
Monday 12 September 2016 7.14pm
This is one of the questions I will be asking- surely if this has gone on so long to so many - there must be some formal process/discipline?
Monday 12 September 2016 11.41pm
Good grief are we talking about the same practice? I've been a patient with PSGP since I moved to the Borough in 1964 when Dr. Hewetson and his Rolls Royce was there, then Dr. McEwan when they moved to Chettle Close and finally Princes Street and no-one has been rude, shouted at me, made wrong appointments, left me waiting. All I can assume is it's a two-way thing, I go there assuming I am going to be greeted well, treated well, helped, and I am.
Tuesday 13 September 2016 8.30am
No Sheila
I go in with the same attitude ( to be honest its so long usually between appointments - I have forgotten what happened two years before) So glad you have had a great experience. None of us are saying all the reception staff are rude/aggressive but plenty of us have had terrible experiences.
I know for a fact I go in with a friendly and positive attitude and am sure others on here are the same- as are the many other patients who have reported the same over the years. On the communications so far with the patients manager ( due to speak to her tomorrow) It seems she is aware of the problem. So don't please presume it is a two way thing- it's not.
Tuesday 13 September 2016 9.15am
I've been there since 2002 and never had a problem, doctors and staff have always been great.
Tuesday 13 September 2016 9.39am
Well clearly then a disparity in service, some patients have a good experience- many don't in particular from reception- glad you have had a good experience
Tuesday 13 September 2016 10.21am
Kory wrote:
Well clearly then a disparity in service, some patients have a good experience- many don't in particular from reception- glad you have had a good experience

I've been a patient for 38 years, the staff now (compared to 20+ years ago) are rude and very ignorant. Sitting around chatting and no paying attention to patients at all. I raised my concerns with my GP last year and it was sorted within a week and a written apology was given to me.

If patients don't speak up the stand of service with get worse.

Keep us posted Kory, will be interested to hear how you get on.
Wednesday 14 September 2016 9.47am
As promised update - I spoke to -Liz Sullivan patient service manager this am. Who is treating this as a formal complaint. I have hit home the importance of wearing name badges and this is already mandatory within the NHS. She said it is under review but I know for a fact it is already a requirement. I would urge anyone who has had similar experiences to feedback to her or as is often forgot equally if they have very good experiences. NHS England (complaints) say they will get back to me today.
Wednesday 14 September 2016 12.26pm
Kory wrote:
As promised update - I spoke to -Liz Sullivan patient service manager this am. Who is treating this as a formal complaint. I have hit home the importance of wearing name badges and this is already mandatory within the NHS. She said it is under review but I know for a fact it is already a requirement. I would urge anyone who has had similar experiences to feedback to her or as is often forgot equally if they have very good experiences. NHS England (complaints) say they will get back to me today.

Have been in the NHS over 20 years and never had to wear a name badge - cannot find anything to say its mandatory ?

NHS guide lines are here : http://www.nhsidentity.nhs.uk/all-guidelines/guidelines/independent-sector-treatment-centres/property/nhs-identification-
Wednesday 14 September 2016 1.49pm
I too work within the NHS sometimes- and it is mandatory to wear a name badge or id card- however this is just a solution finding icing on the cake - to the real issues raised at Princess St - so I am not going to argue if you think differently. Or I am wrong-because that is not the real issue.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 3 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions