London SE1 community website

Rudest Reception ever- Princess St Practice

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 4 of 7
Wednesday 14 September 2016 9.58pm
Kory wrote:
I too work within the NHS sometimes- and it is mandatory to wear a name badge or id card- however this is just a solution finding icing on the cake - to the real issues raised at Princess St - so I am not going to argue if you think differently. Or I am wrong-because that is not the real issue.

Have confirmed with my Union rep it is NOT mandatory to wear a badge with your name on in the NHS . It is mandatory to wear ID identifying yourself as an NHS employee if on NHS premises

Although my other half is a nurse in a GP surgery (not in SE1) and all medical staff and admin staff wear ID with names on , so might just be a local ruling type thing
Wednesday 14 September 2016 10.32pm
yeh could be Ninja - I have always been told you could be removed at any point from a nhs building - if Id/ name badge was not displayed (so not in your bag) Maybe I confused any iD with name badge - in my horror of my experience. Spoke to NHS England today - they said reception should have name badges displayed-seems sensible whatever.Sending all best wishes .
Monday 26 September 2016 5.40pm
update - note from practice manager saying she can't respond to me by 23rd Sept as she had said and bumping it on to the29th!
Tuesday 27 September 2016 5.18pm
I queued up at the Decima Street surgery today. The receptionist could not have been grumpier. A most unpleasant start of the day.
Wednesday 28 September 2016 1.42pm
So odd...I have been so happy with Princess Street, both the doctors and the reception staff..never had a rude or aggressive word. I cant imagine why there has been any problem, but would like to point out that it takes two to tango...
Wednesday 28 September 2016 5.33pm
I know exactly who you mean Kory. I have had similar run ins with the same member of staff, both at the desk and on the phone. Rude, arrogant, lazy, unsympathetic.... everything the receptionist at a doctors surgery should not be. On one occasion I was suffering from chronic back problems that made use of their stair essentially impossible. She pointed me to one of the upstairs surgeries. I pointed out that I couldn't walk up the stairs because of the pain I was in. Her response? "That's not my problem". It took an altercation lasting 5-10 minutes (with a queue building up behind me) before she finally barked at me to go and wait at one of the ground floor rooms. She then turned round, clearly laughing about her behaviour with another member of staff.
Wednesday 28 September 2016 7.11pm
Borough bloke , she should be sacked.
Wednesday 28 September 2016 9.48pm
boroughbloke wrote:
I know exactly who you mean Kory. I have had similar run ins with the same member of staff, both at the desk and on the phone. Rude, arrogant, lazy, unsympathetic.... everything the receptionist at a doctors surgery should not be. On one occasion I was suffering from chronic back problems that made use of their stair essentially impossible. She pointed me to one of the upstairs surgeries. I pointed out that I couldn't walk up the stairs because of the pain I was in. Her response? "That's not my problem". It took an altercation lasting 5-10 minutes (with a queue building up behind me) before she finally barked at me to go and wait at one of the ground floor rooms. She then turned round, clearly laughing about her behaviour with another member of staff.

Having been a patient there since the 1980s, I'm pretty sure I could pick that harridan from a line-up...
Wednesday 28 September 2016 10.48pm
yes Borough bloke I had the same experience years ago when I had a serious injury and could not get up stairs- Jackie R - I agree - I does take two to tango - re the current issue I had not visited the surgery for 5 years pre- I went in with a cheery manner and was greeted with rudeness and aggression x 2 within a week. If you look on here or here or NHS choices you will see these experiences are frequent- if you read my original posts I am not saying all on reception staff are the same- however it happens on a frequent basis.
Jules you would have no problem picking her out in a line up - however not just her-as my nana used to say- a fish rots from the head down.
Thursday 29 September 2016 7.55am
My friend has the same experience yesterday, I've told her to complain to. Her husband ended up being admitted to hospital. Will be interested to hear how the member of staff is treated or if they are dismissed.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 4 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions