London SE1 community website

Rudest Reception ever- Princess St Practice

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 5 of 7
Thursday 29 September 2016 11.34am
Kory, love the fish bit...my aunt used to say the same!
Thursday 29 September 2016 3.06pm
I'm more and more baffled and intrigued by this thread...I have never seen any of the ugly behaviour written about here. All the people there in reception have always been polite and nice to me, the doctors have been great, and indeed my particular doctor has, I suspect, saved my life by spotting something no one else did. I remain a fan.
Thursday 29 September 2016 4.59pm
I am happy you have had a good experience Jackie- I too have no issue with the Doctors and some of the reception team but there is a real issue equally with some on the front desk as this thread and the NHS Choice forum reflects.
Thursday 29 September 2016 8.26pm
Kory wrote:
update - note from practice manager saying she can't respond to me by 23rd Sept as she had said and bumping it on to the29th!

Working day is over: have you received the promised response from the Practice Manager?
Thursday 29 September 2016 11.13pm
Nope- but to be fair I am away today day- see what tomorrow brings
Saturday 1 October 2016 6.53am
The service I receive generally is great. I have absolutely no doubt that almost all of the negativity in this thread is referring a single individual. As someone noted "I could pick that harridan from a line up". The incidents referred to are predictable and repeated. I've been on the receiving end. I have seen others on the receiving end of the exact same behaviour. It only ever emanates from one person. My last run in with her was on the phone.

I called to enquire about the results of some tests that one of the doctors had said would have been in a few days before. The response was that I could make an appointment to get them.... about two weeks hence. I pointed out that she had no clue what the tests were for or what my anxieties about them might be. All requests to just pass a message on to the doctor were met with rudely put, flat refusals. Eventually, I hung up before I lost my rag. I called up again later in the day and a different receptionist bent over backwards to identify which doctor had ordered the tests and passed on the message and I received a call back a few minutes later.
Saturday 1 October 2016 9.32am
Borough Bloke -I agree there is one member of staff in particular but my experiences that started this thread involved she and one another ( that I had not met before) So it's more than one ( though that one we refer is the epicentre I'd say) Behaviours positive or negative rub off - though equally I agree that most of the staff/Doctors are fine

Still awaiting response from the practice manager - however have to give her benefit of doubt ( she said response by 29th) a few more days because of our dreadful post service.
Saturday 1 October 2016 11.47am
So I have got a response now from the practice patients manager Liz Sulivan at Princess ST;
She is disappointed in the behaviour of some of the staff and apologises and says some of the staff need further training and is organising it.

Encouraginly she says the Nexcus group is going to be implementing name badges. She also admits they have not been responding to feedback on the NHS Choices Forum -( many of which are about rude reception staff) and will do this.

What I don't get a sense of is how bad this situ is not just in my case but in many other cases regarding the attitude and rudeness of some reception staff. I am going to email her back and say that. Her letter was written 26th September ( got today) and it's interesting that from reports on here incidents continue to happen after that date!

I would encourage anyone having issues to email her- or call her
[email protected]
Sunday 2 October 2016 9.04pm
You should join the PPG groups meeting every fewi months at London medical practices. It gives you a chance to meet the staff informally and get them to address the issuea of concern to you. I agree reception staff can be abysmally rude so need to be corrected as to the way to behave to another human being especially one in distress as many patients are in general

Cotswolds 12
Monday 3 October 2016 4.36pm
Thanks Paramount - wonder why the practice/manager did not mention about that group?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 5 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions