London SE1 community website

Tate viewing platform

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 6 of 7
Saturday 24 September 2016 5.56pm
Good idea Jules62

Just watch out when frying bacon
Saturday 24 September 2016 6.11pm
JazzyQ wrote:
Good idea Jules62
Just watch out when frying bacon

Har Har!

But seriously, it Tate Modern can do this, surely they can erect some kind of barrier that preserves the privacy of its neighbours while at the same time allowing visitors to the attraction to still be able to view the lovely cityscape on offer.

All that is needed is the political will, and if willies on show is what it takes, so be it...
Monday 26 September 2016 5.37pm
Went to the viewing platform today and thoroughly enjoyed looking into people's homes. Interesting how many wealthy people have such bad taste. Seriously though, I did feel sorry for the residents when I first read the post, but now I've been up there, I see that the real problem is the size of their windows, the viewing platform is no nearer to the individual blocks as they are to each other. Even much further away, the platform would give a reasonable view into their homes and they must have realised that people would be able to see into their goldfish bowl flats. And as others have said, it's what you expect now in London.
Monday 26 September 2016 5.51pm
Jules62 wrote:
Maybe the only way for the Neo Bankside residents to fight this is to loose all inhibitions and go around their dwellings 'stark bo***ck naked' and wait for those who use the platform to complain to the New Tate management...

Hm... I see an opportunity there. If the residents themselves have reservations about going around their dwellings 'stark bo***ck naked', they can hire me, I'll do it for them...Doesn't even need to be SBN, I am a sight to behold even with underpants or even just shorts on, according to my nearest and dearest.
Monday 26 September 2016 7.15pm
My son (42) says "put in one-way glass" but he didn't say where
Monday 26 September 2016 8.41pm
I am enjoying this thread.

eDwaRD, what a good idea for the poor people of Southwark to increase their assets by displaying them to those on the viewing platform. SBN Scarecrows, no less. It won't work so well with underpants though, I don't think.

Karen, you nosey thing. And there I was thinking the residents would be at their Chippendale escritoires penning complaints to Nick Serota.
Tuesday 27 September 2016 12.05pm
JazzyQ wrote:
I am enjoying this thread.
eDwaRD, what a good idea for the poor people of Southwark to increase their assets by displaying them to those on the viewing platform. SBN Scarecrows, no less. It won't work so well with underpants though, I don't think.

I wasn't necessarily thinking about "the poor people of Southwark", I was purely thinking to offer my own services to the Neo residents. If other locals think it's a good idea, we could set up a healthily competitive business. A SBN man strutting around an expensive flat is almost a work of art in itself. The more I think about it, the more I like it... eDwaRD WooDWaRD, the living artwork, to be viewed exclusively from the Tate Modern viewing platform...

Actually, I didn't mean any of the SBN bit, but the Living Artwork bit I would actually consider.
Zoe
Tuesday 27 September 2016 7.58pm
You just don't see people using escritoire in other threads. This is why we love this site and happily pay for membership :-)
Sunday 2 October 2016 12.41pm
People with privacy issues should not be buying flats that have floor to ceiling windows... I would just embrace it. Be an art object for the crowds.
Sunday 2 October 2016 1.26pm
Forget about views from the Tate, I'm sure there's even better views from the Blue Fin building.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 6 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions