London SE1 community website

Police have done nothing since husbands attack

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Saturday 17 September 2016 9.01am
illegal Immigrants are as a capable of being criminals as much as anyone else, you, me, everybody . But to assume that is the reason crimes are not being dealt with properly is way of piste. The fact they are 'illegal' means the majority go underground and shy a way from anything that draws attention- this of course leads then vulnerable to all other kinds of abuse, but that is a different thread.I know its difficult for the police- but it is no excuse not to investigate crime, in particular when the victims are co-operating and probing into what is happening.
Saturday 17 September 2016 11.06am
RosamundJeffers wrote:
Ladywriter1968, I'm sorry about what happened to your husband. I really am. However, things like that happen all the time - bar fights, tensions between drivers on the road etc. He did assault your husband, but in general those types of accidents are considered small-time street hustle. Therefore, the Police is not willing to allocate much resources on solving such crimes. It's not that your husband's case is not important - all citizen's well-being should be a Police concern. Unfortunately, with all these illegal migrants that have flooded London, they have far more serious crime issues to deal with.

Why is illegal immigration a "far more serious crime issue" than what happened to Ladywriter1968 and her husband? Or what exactly do you mean with " with all these illegal migrants that have flooded London, they have far more serious crime issues to deal with"? Illegal immigrants take up jobs illegally etc, but that is hardly a far more serious crime than someone being attacked in a road rage accident.
Saturday 17 September 2016 6.59pm
Ladywriter1968,

I hope your husband is making a good physical and emotional recovery, and that investigations and prosecutions into the matter are finalized as soon as possible.

As for the turn this thread has taken:

RosamundJeffers wrote:
Unfortunately, with all these illegal migrants that have flooded London, they have far more serious crime issues to deal with.

Kory wrote:
illegal Immigrants are as a capable of being criminals as much as anyone else, you, me, everybody .

eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Why is illegal immigration a "far more serious crime issue" than what happened to Ladywriter1968 and her husband? Or what exactly do you mean with " with all these illegal migrants that have flooded London, they have far more serious crime issues to deal with"? Illegal immigrants take up jobs illegally etc, but that is hardly a far more serious crime than someone being attacked in a road rage accident.

I would like to say this: Immigrants to the UK, legal or otherwise, do indeed take up police time and resources, not as perpetrators, but as victims.

RosamundJeffers should take note of the fact that since the Brexit vote, violent assaults against foreigners have increased to the point that is has been seen necessary to deploy Polish police officers on British streets to reassure their rightfully frightened nationals.

Saturday 17 September 2016 7.42pm
RosamundJeffers wrote:
Unfortunately, with all these illegal migrants that have flooded London, they have far more serious crime issues to deal with.
This did cheer me up. Thick people do make me giggle.
Saturday 17 September 2016 9.42pm
RosamundJeffers wrote:
Ladywriter1968, I'm sorry about what happened to your husband. I really am. However, things like that happen all the time - bar fights, tensions between drivers on the road etc. He did assault your husband, but in general those types of accidents are considered small-time street hustle. Therefore, the Police is not willing to allocate much resources on solving such crimes. It's not that your husband's case is not important - all citizen's well-being should be a Police concern. Unfortunately, with all these illegal migrants that have flooded London, they have far more serious crime issues to deal with.
So the rest of us just get ignored then. oh well lets all go out and have a jolly old good old punch up then and knock each other to pieces. Because respectable society, it aint.
Saturday 17 September 2016 9.47pm
RosamundJeffers wrote:
Ladywriter1968, I'm sorry about what happened to your husband. I really am. However, things like that happen all the time - bar fights, tensions between drivers on the road etc. He did assault your husband, but in general those types of accidents are considered small-time street hustle. Therefore, the Police is not willing to allocate much resources on solving such crimes. It's not that your husband's case is not important - all citizen's well-being should be a Police concern. Unfortunately, with all these illegal migrants that have flooded London, they have far more serious crime issues to deal with.
I did reply but its gone, my husband wears glasses luckily it didnt go into his eye when he was attacked. They say dont take the police into your own hands yet they do nothing to stop it and not even there in most cases to deal with it either. whether its the courts at fault or the police, the police are the first point of contact and its not much good when they dont even show up at an incident. We have to look out for ourselves and sod what they say because they simply wont be there to protect you.
Sunday 18 September 2016 2.11pm
or how's this for 'perspective'? police in place around a local mp's surgery before alleged protest (which is, erm, a democratic right) even happened, then stayed while four local residents publicly expressed their concerns vs a local non-mp person gets physically attacked in the street.
and people bleating on about 'illegal' immigrants (never the rich elite buying off london one 'luxury' development at a time) really ought to know better.
Monday 19 September 2016 10.43am
Quote:
So the rest of us just get ignored then. oh well lets all go out and have a jolly old good old punch up then and knock each other to pieces. Because respectable society, it aint.
My point exactly :)
Monday 19 September 2016 11.35am
mmm forgive me but you indicated in your original post- illegal immigrants flooding London being responsible? So now I am very confused to what your point was.

The terrible situ Lady Writer and her husband have gone through and failings by the police, I don't believe has anything to do with illegal immigrants- and neither does any crime ( bound to be an exception I know) that it not investigated properly and in particular when the victims are active in chasing up and co-operating with that investigation.
Monday 19 September 2016 6.39pm
To be honest, we are sick of chasing the police all the time for updates now. they
never showed up when it actually happened. and we had to make an appointment with them to give them a statement by hanging on phone for ten minutes before could even get through same day of attack. Then they could not come until the next day to take the statement. They said they knew who he was afterwards and would make an arrest the following week, that was two months ago. You try to do the right thing and get no where in life...everything is short staffed with this or that cutback and to be honest this country has gone right down now. There are not enough police, NHS in crisis, not enough of anything any more.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions