London SE1 community website

Police have done nothing since husbands attack

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Monday 19 September 2016 8.48pm
A farmer phoned 999 to report 2 people breaking into his barn

Police operator said "we are very busy but will be there as soon as possible, at the moment we have nobody to send "

an hour passes and the farmer dials 999 again " i have just shot one of the people breaking into my barn"

5 minutes later 5 police cars and a police helicopter arrive at his farm

The Farmer walks out to the police officers and they say "hands up where is the gun"

Farmer : i dont have one

Police : i thought you said you shot someone ??

Farmer : i thought you said you had nobody to send ...................
Tuesday 20 September 2016 3.52pm
ninja999 wrote:
A farmer phoned 999 to report 2 people breaking into his barn
Police operator said "we are very busy but will be there as soon as possible, at the moment we have nobody to send "

an hour passes and the farmer dials 999 again " i have just shot one of the people breaking into my barn"

5 minutes later 5 police cars and a police helicopter arrive at his farm

The Farmer walks out to the police officers and they say "hands up where is the gun"

Will put this up on facebook,
Thursday 22 September 2016 3.39pm
Update on my husbands attack, Nothing is going to be done about it. The man was questioned and claimed racism which is a load of .....!!!! The man has just twisted it to suit himself...

Myself being the wife and friend can not be witnesses in court and they said it would be thrown out of court. So case dropped...all those evidence pictures, was all for nothing.

Surely the police must have known this already that we could not be witnesses, rather then wasting two months just leading us on for nothing or are they just rookies that didnt know this. Surely they have dealt with cases before with same circumstances. Its taken them two months to tell us this.

Case dropped victims get nothing at end of it all...
Thursday 22 September 2016 7.03pm
Ladywriter1968 wrote:
Update on my husbands attack, Nothing is going to be done about it. The man was questioned and claimed racism which is a load of .....!!!! The man has just twisted it to suit himself...
Myself being the wife and friend can not be witnesses in court and they said it would be thrown out of court. So case dropped...all those evidence pictures, was all for nothing.

Surely the police must have known this already that we could not be witnesses, rather then wasting two months just leading us on for nothing or are they just rookies that didnt know this. Surely they have dealt with cases before with same circumstances. Its taken them two months to tell us this.

Case dropped victims get nothing at end of it all...

That old card, Is it possible there was any CCTV in the area that may have captured this, if so you have a right to see footage

https://www.gov.uk/request-cctv-footage-of-yourself
Thursday 22 September 2016 10.21pm
Bring back the Bobby on the beat. Basic stuff but it works. Intelligence ear to the ground etc

Cotswolds 12
Thursday 22 September 2016 11.46pm
I'm all for an increase in foot patrols, but if the CPS decides not to prosecute after an arrest there isn't much for victims such as Ladywriter1968 and her husband to gain: what is needed (in addition to the Bobby on the Beat) is a new set of guidelines to be issued to the CPS so that the victims of crime aren't let down in this way.
Friday 23 September 2016 8.35am
Agreed. The CPS are not infallible..
Nor the courts themselves fir that matter as a High Court Judge opined recently and often go for the easy option and that can conversely often result in a prosecution for a very light slap on wrists offence. It is all topsy turvy and appears to be a case of it depends who you are dealing with throughout the entire system

Cotswolds 12
Friday 23 September 2016 11.18am
It appears that The Met are inundated with things generally so some may indeed go on back burner whereas in leafy Farnham Surrey for instance the most minor slip or aberration is jumped upon and the soft touch is always easier isn't it!?

But the effect on people's lives in general can really be devastating and seemingly. no way back sometimes

Cotswolds 12
Friday 23 September 2016 11.21am
Ladywriter1968 wrote:
Two months ago my husband was attacked via road rage in street, a guy jumped out of car after nearly knocking us down at the lights, my husband shouted at him, man jumps out his car and attacked my husband to the ground and ran back to car and drove off. There was no police available to come out until the next day to take a statement, so he staggered back home bleeding, next day we went to hospital so they could check his face and eye which was badly swollen, and to top everything, we gave police pictures of injuries, lots of evidence and even car reg number and details of the car and the road where it happened and everything, its been two months now and nothing has been done, all they say is they are working on it, whatever that means. They said they found the details of the guy and description who did it matched exactly to what we said, but they have done nothing. Are our papers just stuck on the side somewhere with lots of other older cases been left. They only reply to our messages but they dont actually get in touch with updates of whats going on. Is it fair that the victims should have to do all the chasing. Just all seems rather useless system and a waste of time. We have practically done half their jobs for them already. Apart from the fact we cant arrest ourselves.
Has anyone else had similar experiences with the police be it negative or positive?
of course in the past there would have been policemen on point duty to be credible witnesses etc
Friday 23 September 2016 11.42am
ninja999 wrote:
A farmer phoned 999 to report 2 pueople breaking into his barn

5 minutes later 5 police cars and a police helicopter arrive at his farm yes well.... what can one say but No Comment!

Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions