London SE1 community website

Southwark housing heating

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Sunday 9 October 2016 6.46pm
Jan the old one wrote:
When leaseholders on Aylesbury estate first got a breakdown of their service charges they were amazed to find one service component of ..washing the windows of the balconies....plus regular maintence of the grassed area. One told me he had lived on the estate since it opened and had never seen a window cleaner doing them, and as for the grassed areas I remember picking ox eye daisies that were eighteen plus inches tall near Wendover!
Hi Jan, we have to pay a window cleaner ourselves in these blocks to clean ours. The council dont provide this service. We pay services charges on top for cleaning of balcony and lighting on it and outside and the communal garden to be cut. but with our balcony when asked the cleaner to clean a cobweb high on the ceiling in the corner he said his broom was not long enough and the council would not supply him with one, so we ended up having to do it ourselves. cobwebs are not vacuumed away either in the corners of the windows on the landing as the man is not supplied with such things from council, he just has a bucket and two brooms, thats it to clean with. Its not enough to clean the blocks to be honest. We have a hard floor but some have carpetting in it, I guess they have to vacuum it themselves. Council dont charge us half though for receiving half a service. We get charged for every single thing separately on top of our rent.
Sunday 9 October 2016 6.48pm
and the windows on the balcony parts looking out have never been cleaned by council, crack in one of them.
Monday 10 October 2016 9.43pm
You are entitled to a reduction of any service charge to which you are not in receipt of
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions