London SE1 community website

Flat Iron Square

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Sunday 23 October 2016 7.19pm
Chelsea it was till a toilet when I moved here in the '90s
Monday 24 October 2016 7.03am
James Hatts wrote:
Flat Iron Square is the square where Union Street meets Southwark Bridge Road (where The Island Cafe is). Certainly not a recent invention.
Personally I think it's a bit of a shame that this new venture - essentially in the railway arches to the north - has taken the name of the square itself (ie the public open space / highway) and turned it into a brand.

It kind of takes something away from the other businesses and activities in the square that aren't part of the new thing.

I've lived in the area for 15 years and I never new it was called Flat Iron Square and I suspect if people were honest most didn't know either. At least now the name will live on long after old timers, like yourself James, are long gone ;)
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions