London SE1 community website

Hottest curry that delivers to se1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Thursday 3 November 2016 7.36pm
boroughonian wrote:
Fireworks Friday morning then. I'm going to try Bermondsey Tandoori too tomorrow night, this thread has made me want one.

I am really impressed! That was very VERY nice. Prompt delivery, piping hot (Blackfriars rd) friendly delivery man and lovely food.

Minor complaint, they forgot the mint sauce but I made some and have been promised a free onion bhaji next time, and there will most definitely be a next time, next week probably!

Thanks Pops and Tom :)

PS: and extremely reasonable price wise.
Friday 4 November 2016 1.00am
a few of us ordered from the Bermondsey tandoori last night for delivery

Was fast but they forgot the free bottle of coke you are meant to get with an order over 28 !!

2 of the guys ordered 2 vindaloos which the chaps agreed was delicious and very hot !

Myself and another guy went one up and both had the lamb phal - very very hot but both managed to finish it :)

Prices were very reasonable and will definitely order from there again :)
Friday 4 November 2016 11.48am
ninja999 wrote:
a few of us ordered from the Bermondsey tandoori last night for delivery
Was fast but they forgot the free bottle of coke you are meant to get with an order over 28 !!

2 of the guys ordered 2 vindaloos which the chaps agreed was delicious and very hot !

Myself and another guy went one up and both had the lamb phal - very very hot but both managed to finish it :)

Prices were very reasonable and will definitely order from there again :)

I think that the food is excellent at Bermondsey Tandoori, and reasonable prices too.
Living near Rotherhithe station, I usually walk to the restaurant and eat in, as with the traffic situation in Jamaica Road, particularly now Tower Bridge is closed, it could take 30-40 minutes for a delivery to arrive after it's been cooked.
Once I called them when I'd finished work at Paddington, and ordered, telling them I'd be there at X time to collect.
I arrived, waited about 10 seconds, so it had only just been cooked, and not cooling off for 7 or 8 minutes.
When I got home, they'd forgotten something, nothing worth crying about, maybe a chapati I think.
Next time I ate in there I casually mentioned it to the owner/manager, and he apologised and knocked a chunk off my bill, now that's serous P.R.
Friday 4 November 2016 2.58pm
Try Mango Indian in SE1. Download Mango Indian, Southwark from Appstore or Google Play and get 20% off first order. They do some great dishes. Haryali chicken tikka is delish
Friday 4 November 2016 11.13pm
sarojpatel wrote:
Try Mango Indian in SE1. Download Mango Indian, Southwark from Appstore or Google Play and get 20% off first order. They do some great dishes. Haryali chicken tikka is delish

Colour me cynical, but that sounds a tad suspicious to me,
particularly with that user name.
Profuse apologies if I'm wrong.
Sunday 6 November 2016 7.36pm
Nawaz is the best Indian for miles and delivers.Their paneer chilli masala is very hot, definitely worth a try.(next to Guys hospital)
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions