London SE1 community website

Clothes alterations

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 7 November 2016 1.55pm
Could anyone recommend somewhere to get some new jeans taken up ? Unfortunately my mums no longer with us , so cant ask her to do it ;)

ive used the place by the young vic with on the cut before but there prices are a bit steep
Monday 7 November 2016 4.39pm
Tower bridge rd. On the corner of where Lloyds bank used to be there is a cleaners, they do alterations, they have two machines in window. Opposite where The Hartley was. Can't think of street name Rothesay st.where the shop is near cash point?
Monday 7 November 2016 5.41pm
I take mine to the dry cleaners in Lower Marsh, Westminster Bridge rd end, I can't remember Whether they charge 8 or 10.
Monday 7 November 2016 6.59pm
the one Jan mentions took some trousers up for me and did a very good job
Monday 7 November 2016 8.10pm
Thanks for the replies , will check them out

Last time i went to the chinese place on the cut (cant remember its name , they cut keys , have internet access etc) I was in uniform , the seamstress started interrogating me ...

"how much do you earn"
"do you own your house"
"are you single"

then showed me a photo of her sister and asked "do you like chinese girls" and asked for my number !! lol
Monday 7 November 2016 8.26pm
I usually have my trouser length altered at a tailor/sewshop on the upper level of the Elephant & Castle shopping centre. Last time it cost me 10.00.
Monday 7 November 2016 10.18pm
Ninja999....lol...you obviously impressed her, sounds like she was doing a bit of matchmaking...
Monday 7 November 2016 11.24pm
Jan the old one wrote:
Ninja999....lol...you obviously impressed her, sounds like she was doing a bit of matchmaking...

if you want to be my replacement mum and take up my trousers , your welcome :)
Tuesday 8 November 2016 9.07am
I am sure the dry cleaners opposite the Leake Street tunnel entrance on Lower Marsh do alterations.
Tuesday 8 November 2016 9.42am
10!!! wow.... My seamstress in France only charges 2 euros to take up trousers!!!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions