London SE1 community website

The Grange Pub

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Friday 16 December 2016 2.29pm
vickt and Real-Crimes I totally agree with you, I think I would leave the place immediately, if someone shouted at my child...
I haven't been in The Grange for long, though my last visit there with my husband was about two years ago and was rather positive. But I never been their with my son. For this matter, a friend of mine and me very like Mulberry Bush which is very child-friendly, considering that both our guys are 5 and are very active boys. Prices, I guess, a little bit higher than in The Grange, but the food is excellent and the staff is very nice, so you can relax for a little)
Monday 19 December 2016 7.55pm
i would leave if there were children. how dare you impose them on the public!
Tuesday 20 December 2016 12.41pm
You went to the pub with TEN children?!!!

I like The Grange: good pizza, good atmosphere.
Tuesday 3 January 2017 9.44am
I'm a regular at the Grange and have never ever had an issue. Surely Pizza Express or a similar sort of restaurant who are used to children - especially 10 children - would have been a better choice.
Wednesday 4 January 2017 12.44am
I cannot believe some of your attitudes,I seriously hope some of you never have kids or maybe your to old to have them and I hope if you do have any or even grandchildren that they never have to endure such disgusting hospitality or comments..Should be ashamed of yourself.
Wednesday 4 January 2017 11.30am
There are almost no situations where it is easy to approach a parent with child care requests, only the brave ever attempt that. Clearly there must be good parents and bad parents. I have only met one parent in 40 years who was willing to admit they weren't great at parenting. There hardest thing for anyone is to place themselves in the shoes of another, either a stressed pub landlord or likewise a stressed parent. Sadly no practical advice other than perhaps this is not an ideal drinking establishment for large groups of young children, there are plenty of other local venues who might like that business. I would caution against leaving negative reviews on one single visit for any small business, just imagine a very public review of your own personal work performance from one bad encounter with a person who didn't like what you were saying or doing on one single occasion.
Wednesday 4 January 2017 7.46pm
We went there years and years ago to a karaoke, back then it was good there, but I think it went down hill.
djm
Wednesday 4 January 2017 8.27pm
Quote:
10 children in total.

Sorry, what.. let me comprehend this.

You took _ten_ children into a pub? And then you have the cheek to come here and complain about it?

A pub is not a suitable place to treat as a crèche and hopefully never will be.

My estimation of that manager has gone through the roof and I can't wait to make a visit soon to support his position.

Some people..
Saturday 21 January 2017 5.09pm
The owner isn't a people's, I'm unsure why he is in the hospitality industry. I find that he is arrogant and short tempted with his customers. The prices are expensive, and I find the pub is regularly empty as such there is no atmosphere. Plenty of better pubs in the area that can have my money!
Sunday 22 January 2017 2.30pm
djm wrote:
Quote:
10 children in total.

Sorry, what.. let me comprehend this.

You took _ten_ children into a pub? And then you have the cheek to come here and complain about it?

A pub is not a suitable place to treat as a crèche and hopefully never will be.

My estimation of that manager has gone through the roof and I can't wait to make a visit soon to support his position.

Some people..

I wavered on this, but I'm leaning toward djm's conclusion.
Of course children should be allowed into pubs that serve food, but 10 at a time in one party is pushing the envelope a bit I think.
It was said that the kids were well behaved, even though a 4 y.o. stood barefoot on a sofa and was allegedly shouted at, or at least chided by management.
It must be a tough ask to control 10 at a time, and if they're all trying to make themselves heard, or get a bit of attention from the adults it could be a tad noisy in their vicinity.
One thing that annoys adults in pubs where children are, is that the adults have to modulate their speech, and I don't necessarily mean bad language by that, maybe subject matter too.
Children in ones and twos can usually be controlled effectively, but 4, 5 or more can quickly strain one's toleration levels in what is normally a grown-ups domain.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions