London SE1 community website

Bermondsey Street barber shop

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Wednesday 14 December 2016 12.56pm
Looks like this local web developer decided to create a website for George for free after reading the Time Out piece: https://blogs.endjin.com/2016/12/bermondsey-barber-gets-a-website-for-christmas-after-featuring-in-time-out-london/

Obviously, not bad publicity for them, too, but a nice gesture nevertheless. Fundamentally, though, it needs more people going through the door. My boyfriend went this morning - not for the first time, I should add - and bumped into another local friend going in for the first time ever. Let's hope more follow suit with a bit more awareness of G's situation.
Wednesday 14 December 2016 2.16pm
Hi! We're the folks that knocked up a website for George's. FYI we don't actually build websites, except for friends and family. Our apprentice, Alice, and Creative Lead, Paul, are trying to drive some business his way, and learn a bit about how to get a message out along the way.

Rather than our site, here's George's.

https://bermondseybarber.co.uk

Happy Christmas everyone (and pop by and get a haircut!)
Wednesday 14 December 2016 4.44pm
Nice to see one local business helping out another, regardless of how long they've been in town.
Wednesday 14 December 2016 5.27pm
Well done, Matthew. A very nice thing to do.
Thursday 15 December 2016 10.27am
The new barber shop is at 210 Bermondsey St nr Long Lane.This is the proprietor's,Nick , second shop in Southwark.The first being at 50B Southwark Bridge Rd. To get a sense of how great the skills are of Nick and his team, checkout Southwark Barbers on Facebook.We're lucky to have Nick and his team on Bermondsey St.
emu
Thursday 5 January 2017 8.17am
Here is the article in Time Out about George and his barber shop. A lovely read. Wish I was a bloke, or knew some who lived locally so I could support him. Would be a tragedy to lose George from Bermondsey Street.

http://www.timeout.com/london/blog/in-the-70s-we-were-scared-to-go-out-at-night-barber-vangelos-georgiou-on-his-46-years-in-bermondsey-120216
Friday 24 March 2017 10.55am
Has anyone tried Choppers on Bermondsey Street yet?

Doesn't ever seem to be busy...
Friday 24 March 2017 11.19am
Yes I have been and they are extremely good!! And it's always busy when me and my friends go on!
Monday 6 January 2020 3.08pm
Just been to Choppers barbers and those guys are top notch. Super impressed but the quality of the haircut. Fair to say that they are the best barbers in SE1
Monday 13 January 2020 5.18pm
My husband went to the new one on Tower Bridge Road on the weekend and says that was brilliant too. Excellent, friendly service and proper Turkish treatment. He used to swear by Choppers but would go back to Tower Bridge Road one instead

fatihoglu wrote:
Just been to Choppers barbers and those guys are top notch. Super impressed but the quality of the haircut. Fair to say that they are the best barbers in SE1
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions