London SE1 community website

Lawyer to challenge Councils Major Works schedule

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Wednesday 1 April 2020 4.16am
hi - is this legal action still going on towards Southwark Council over erroneous major works charges? I am seeking advice as I am continually bombarded with major works charges and works that never appear on my block of devon mansions
I am thinking of seeking legal advice and it would be great to speak to other lease holders who live in Devon Mansions who feel the same
any help on this would be greatly appreciated :)
thank you
Wednesday 29 April 2020 1.19pm
Hi - I too live in Devon Mansions and am very frustrated by the number of major works invoices I get that donít seem to be attached to any actual work! Thereís also scaffolding up at my block which has been up for 4 months and Iíve never seen anyone on it other than local children climbing on it. Itís so difficult because you feel totally powerless - every time Iíve tried to speak to the council theyíve effectively told me to sod off!
Sunday 3 May 2020 6.55pm
We challenged major works a few years ago for 10 blocks on the estate - and mostly won against Southwark. The lawyers were Anthony Gold.
Saturday 23 May 2020 6.18pm
Guys in Devon mansions and any leaseholders in Southwark, please contact me on ina_patriche (at) hotmail com as I know how to look in full details to these payment requests and I managed to halve my one's whole block. I did it without lawyers involved but it is a debilitating amount of investigative work. The good side is when you learn the tricks then it becomes routine and it is much easier to drive the challenges.

I try to build a team of expert skills among Southwark leaseholders so I am willing to give my time to build knowledge into LBS processes to bit them at their own game.
Saturday 23 May 2020 7.17pm
TAK, I am not a lawyer but I have immense understanding into procedures and how to run financial challenges. We really need to build a LBS leaseholders financial task force.

LBS had dismantled HOC from this year so do not write on the email address as it falls into the LBS officers hands and you will never get a straight answer.
Wednesday 7 October 2020 12.34pm
Can anyone advise me if there is still a group challenging these crazy expensive major works service charges ?
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions