London SE1 community website

Mowbray & Stanhope Buildings Redcross Way

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Saturday 12 January 2019 10.33pm
I remember my friend Kathy running errands for old Maltese man with bushy moustache, Spiro?
Monday 14 January 2019 8.03pm
Hello
My apologies the post was meant for Teresa Sciberras.

Kind regards Kevin
Wednesday 7 August 2019 4.01pm
Hello all, I just joined this as my great grandmother lived in Mowbray buildings. She was called Maria Nutkins and she was Henry Cooper's grandmother (my dad's too).
Her husband was Harvey Nutkins and I found out they spent time now and again in the workhouse on Mint Street. Anyway, I'm interested in knowing more about life in the place. My dad loved visiting his gran there and had fond memories of it.
Best regards
Neal
Saturday 10 August 2019 2.15pm
Hi
Used to get left in the cafe at the back of the buildings waiting for school to open st. josephís my mum had to go to work. (Probably would get locked up for it now days ). My mum would ask the owner to keep an eye on me.
This was back in the late 60ís early 70ís can never remember these buildings lived in walking between them always remember them derelict.
Anyway was back down in June had a walk pass my old school and where the buildings used to be the little row of shops at the back of the buildings
and to my surprise the cafe still there fifty plus years on.
Wonder if itís the same family that have it. Also nice to see the swing park still there but sweetie factory gone used to climb in the bins after school rip of lumps of sticky sweet sugar suck them on the way home thick ear when I got in for being in a mess happy days except for the throbbing ear.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions