London SE1 community website

Southwark Planning...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Sunday 14 May 2017 10.13pm
Zoe wrote:
I'm not disagreeing Jules, it's just that the failure to deliver housing is the responsibility of the housing department. Planning can only agree if schemes are brought before them. There is a slightly more complex relationship with regen, planning and housing, as regen/planning should try to identify sites, propose this to housing who develop the scheme, which would be agreed by planning. I'm not trying to defend Planning though, I'm simply being a pedant!

Let me be a pedant too: Peter John leads the council, and is ultimately responsible for the performance of all its departments.

Peter promised to build new houses, and this isn't happening at a speed that would realistically fulfill his promise within the stated time period: the buck stops with him.

It would be like the Prime Minister promising to put a Briton on Mars by 2025, and then blaming various government departments when it becomes clear it isn't going to happen.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions