London SE1 community website

Robot droid roaming the streets of SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Friday 5 May 2017 8.20pm
Daleks would never put up with this sort of thing Jules62
These robots are just not up to it. Weaklings.
Saturday 6 May 2017 5.53am
Ivanhoe wrote:
beetroot wrote:
JazzyQ wrote:
I prefer Daleks myself.
They would just blow the door down.

You'd have to pay them though, and they probably have high demands. I should think the purpose of the delivery robot is to replace the paid staff.

I'm amazed these things are going to be allowed out without it's human. Machines go wrong. Will we have to wait for the first accident caused by malfunctioning Big Trak for them to just be banned anyway? Let's hope it's not a serious one.
Did you miss the bit about the chaperone?

No. Did you miss the bit about the 'trial'?
Saturday 6 May 2017 12.05pm
I think these are destined to that future that forever seems to never arrive or is mostly just a bit pointless; the flying cars, jetpacks, talking fridges, and any number of Kickstarter projects on the go: set forward the 700 juicer that uses sachets of crushed fruit to function.
Saturday 6 May 2017 10.10pm
When will they be taking over at Mandela Way though? A robot with flat batteries would probably fit in well
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions