London SE1 community website

Noise - Ufford St

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Zoe
Tuesday 6 June 2017 6.33pm
Yes and we still don't know what the noise was. Has it happened again?
Wednesday 7 June 2017 12.18pm
It did happen again - sounds very much like a party going on somewhere in the vicinity, with people then making their exit down Ufford St towards Blackfriars Rd. I'm not sure exactly where it's coming from though.
Wednesday 7 June 2017 5.10pm
Met Tab Elephant is Mainstream Evangelical which is what the Founder Charles Spurgeon was. Brethren background with Strict Baptist links and the Fundamental approach to The Word (Bible). Jolly decent sermons circa 40 mins. Available online for the curious. Someone wrote on SE1 that Kate HOEY should be "ashamed" of herself allegedly for cosying up to Nigel Farage. This paragon of virtue should note that one day many of us will be "ashamed" before an infallible God which in my book is more important than another fallible human being's conclusion and judgment To recapitulate Benn and Powell got together as did Kate. Galloway. Garage etc. We can only subscribe to what we consider the best for us all in these challenging times and whilst not being big brother robots etc will still retain our differences in outlook persona!city character etc and we should not allow ourselves to be squashed by those who try to offer up a different version too the main script
It is good not to follow the herd sheep mentality and to declare one's stance on a given issue. Politically I have been involved with many organisations including churhes political movement's etc have always proffered my thoughts advice to be helpful of course
Zoe
Wednesday 7 June 2017 10.06pm
Do you think it might be from a house Karen? I'm just thinking of the less than legal hotel in that area.
Thursday 8 June 2017 8.23am
Could it be The Stage Door customers at kicking out time? Only a suggestion, also they have a roof terrace. What time is this shouting happening?
Thursday 8 June 2017 12.51pm
Zoe, I think it may well be a house/flat in the area. Do you mean the place on Short St?

Pops, it was a bit later than chucking out time - about 2/3am and went on intermittently for a couple of hours - at the Blackfriars Road end rather than the Stage Door end. This is a very recent issue, so I'm pretty sure it's not related to the pub - and also didn't sound like the SD typical crowd to be honest - younger and louder!

I suppose we will see whether there is a repeat performance this weekend!
Zoe
Friday 9 June 2017 12.22am
Unfortunately you are going to have to get out of bed and investigate, it's the only way to determine where it's coming from.
Friday 9 June 2017 3.03pm
Jules62 wrote:
boroughonian wrote:
As for "Christians from a variety of denominations are a serious nuisance to local residents, particularly when shouting into screechy megaphones...
Utter B******s, and agenda ridden.

This from the Strata tower Facebook page (poster's name removed in the interest of privacy):

I have read similar complaints on the Facebook pages of the Draper Estate, and of One The Elephant.

OK, I stand by my comment and ask you the question, what time was it? 20:36, not 2-3am? It's London, I live near student halls, loads of singing and dancing, not all nights but some weekends, not ideal but you suck it up. All sorts of chanting goes on (not referring to another thread), Millwall playing away I hear the old NOLUWDC chant quite drunken and quite loud usually around 21:00ish.

If we want a multi cultural society, that's what we get, multi cultures. I do understand how it can be annoying, but I really do think (not aimed at you necessarily) that our tolerance levels are plummeting. Years ago, there was always a party going on well into the night/morning.

If it were, say Siekhs or Hindus, would there be so many complaints you think? Again, not aimed at you, just wondering what your thoughts were on that.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions