Tom Pepper wrote:. Absolutely. AmenZoe wrote:It's odd that people presume they have the right to drive in central London
A thousand apologies ZoŽ, but I copied and pasted this from another Forum, where a war of words had been raging with drivers v cyclists.
These statements aren't mine, but numbers 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 seem vaguely familiar to me.
So 59 pages and the conclusion seems to be:
1. It is always the car drivers fault.
2. Cyclists are allowed to inflict road rage on drivers with no consequence, including smashing off wing mirrors and smashing windows, if a driver reacts, he should be jailed for life without parole.
3. The highway code "is not the law" when it comes to cyclists but whenever a car driver is in fault suddenly the highway code "is the law and you're a moron if you break it".
4. Cycling in the middle of the road is acceptable.
5. You shouldn't overtake a cyclist at all because it might hurt his feelings.
6. Cyclists can jump all red lights and if they hit anything it is the corresponding driver/pedestrians fault.
7. On weekends, drivers should just stay in and show consideration towards cyclists by not using the roads they pay VED for, to allow for groups of cyclists to enjoy the roads they pay nothing for.
Paramount wrote:kevinruairi wrote:. Well I love rugby Union but would never dream of supporting it if it caused aggravation to the extent some suffer every weekend increasingly it would appear with these crazy events......people just want go about their normal every day routine thanks very much ..but no thanksI look forward to reading a similar amount of runner-hating posts this week after the disruption to London traffic yesterday as part of the Athletics Championships.
Having world class athletes compete here is simply unacceptable when some people want to drive right through the centre of London on a Sunday afternoon to do some shopping, and so on.
For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.
7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?
Read the latest issue before signing up