London SE1 community website

Eyebrows and Nails

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 24 August 2017 9.01am
Hi Guys - I've only recently moved to SE1 and I'm looking for someone who could do eyebrow threading that doesn't cost 15! Would also be keen to find out if anyone has a nail salon to recommend. So far Ruby Nails seem to be the place to go but yet to find eyebrow threading that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Thanks!
Sunday 27 August 2017 9.01pm
Million percent recommend Sunita at Wax and Thread on Abbey Street. Lovely lady and wouldn't go anywhere else. Think it's 6/7 for eyebrow threading x
Monday 28 August 2017 1.47pm
Now I'm wondering if I might benefit from this.
My left eyebrow is perfectly normal, but the right one has a small growth of hair maybe 3 mm by 3.5 mm rising from, but merged with the existing brow.
I imagine that I look slightly surprised, but my wife says that I'm nuts, vain, and it's nothing.
She's offered to pluck the offending few hairs, but I'm a raving wuss at the thought of the possible pain associated with that.
Monday 28 August 2017 9.26pm
I would say that for eyebrow threading and nails - Walworth Road is a good place to go. There are plenty of places that you can just walk in and wait. Over the years I've used most of them - and generally been pleased with the results. Eyebrow threading is around 3 to 4. And gel nail varnish around 15. The places are all a bit rough and ready - but really good job at a really good price! Angela's Nails at the end of Lower Marsh is also a good place for nails.
Tuesday 29 August 2017 1.03am
I can second the recommend for Angela's at Lower Marsh. It's not fancy, but it's reasonably priced and they do a nice job (at least, they always have for me).

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions